Don't Buy Over Priced Ammo!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > In Stock > Don't Buy Over Priced Ammo!

View Poll Results: Overpriced ammo. What will you do?
Buy only what I need for personal stock when available at normal prices 8 29.63%
Empty the shelves and sell what I don't need online 1 3.70%
Wait it out. I have plenty stocked. 17 62.96%
Buy/sell/barter with responsible gun community members 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Don't Buy Over Priced Ammo!

DHS isn't buying .22LR, 7.62x39, etc. Some people have stocked up big for personal use- OK by me. BUT some people are grabbing it in bulk and then reselling it online at double and triple the price! Unfortunately Big Sis Napolitano has ensured .223, 9mm, .45ACP and Buck shot will in short supply for a while. There is no excuse for the remaining calibers. It's not just the grabbers at the store, some distributors and even stores are not stocking shelves, but also selling double online. Check out the "other auctions" for ammo sellers and see that they have up to 20 auctions for 500-1000 rounds each going at once! That's price gouging, unethical and just plain wrong! Don't buy it. Let them sit on it until prices stabilize and they are forced to sell cheaper. Hopefully, some of them will even lose $. Barter when you can. Stock at normal prices for your reasonable personal use, but don't buy overpriced ammo. It only makes this situation worse. I haven't been able to find 7.62x25 Tokarev ammo for months. Only a tiny percentage of gun owners use this caliber - certainly not DHS. Why is it gone? .22LR prices are a disgrace. This is produced in massive quantities. If nobody can get it, then where is it going. Gougers. Don't let them win because if we let it continue, then they will never stop.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #2

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

That ole horse has been wooped enough

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

luckyj Likes This 
Old 03-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 362 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone72 View Post
DHS isn't buying .22LR, 7.62x39, etc. Some people have stocked up big for personal use- OK by me. BUT some people are grabbing it in bulk and then reselling it online at double and triple the price! Unfortunately Big Sis Napolitano has ensured .223, 9mm, .45ACP and Buck shot will in short supply for a while. There is no excuse for the remaining calibers. It's not just the grabbers at the store, some distributors and even stores are not stocking shelves, but also selling double online. Check out the "other auctions" for ammo sellers and see that they have up to 20 auctions for 500-1000 rounds each going at once! That's price gouging, unethical and just plain wrong! Don't buy it. Let them sit on it until prices stabilize and they are forced to sell cheaper. Hopefully, some of them will even lose $. Barter when you can. Stock at normal prices for your reasonable personal use, but don't buy overpriced ammo. It only makes this situation worse. I haven't been able to find 7.62x25 Tokarev ammo for months. Only a tiny percentage of gun owners use this caliber - certainly not DHS. Why is it gone? .22LR prices are a disgrace. This is produced in massive quantities. If nobody can get it, then where is it going. Gougers. Don't let them win because if we let it continue, then they will never stop.
Buck shot is in stock every I have been to. I don't think we need to worry about that.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 03-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone72 View Post
It would appear that they are, indeed:
https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=7c0a7d03ca1d03dbe187e2 a5406502e5&tab=core&_cview=1
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f63/if-i-devil-108309/index3.html

Old 03-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #5

Liked 280 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post

Buck shot is in stock every I have been to. I don't think we need to worry about that.
I can find buckshot everywhere I go. I will usually buy a couple boxes of any caliber I have if im out shooping. Yesterday I bought 100 round box of birdshot at walmart because I was there and didnt want to go home empty handed. I just picked them up because you never know when a couple shells of birdshot may come in handy. When me and the wife go ammo shopping together we look mostly to replenish the rounds we would normally shoot going to the range. I have a few 1000 rounds at home of my basic calibers but thats only because I have had them for a while or had the extra money to buy them when I found it in stock.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #6

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

I refuse price gouged ammo. Won't buy it no matter how bad I want it. This needs to come to an end and buying over priced ammo simply encourages them. We need to put them n their place

Old 03-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Ammo Stock Piled

I hope most of us have been purchasing extra for the last few years, and can easily wait out this BS. I will not pay extra either.