Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   In Stock (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f181/)
-   -   Ammo on the shelves (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f181/ammo-shelves-93111/)

wieseman71 06-29-2013 06:49 PM

Ammo on the shelves
 
The cabelas and scheels in omaha ne have been stocked with everything for about 3 weeks now. 9mm and .22 are still hit and miss but if you check a couple times a week you'll find it. Today I got 250 9mm, 100 .223 & 100 .22lr seems like things are looking up.

JW357 06-29-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wieseman71
The cabelas and scheels in omaha ne have been stocked with everything for about 3 weeks now. 9mm and .22 are still hit and miss but if you check a couple times a week you'll find it. Today I got 250 9mm, 100 .223 & 100 .22lr seems like things are looking up.

Yeah I've been noticing people throughout the country talking about how things are looking up in their areas.

A my LGS here in Kalifornia, if you're looking for a slightly less common rifle caliber, or shotgun slugs, you're set. Anything else is still scarce.

SSGN_Doc 06-29-2013 07:27 PM

This week I found:
HSM .223 for $22 per box of 50.
A couple 9mm loads at $18 per 50.
Magtech and Sellier&Bellot .45 ammo for $22 per 50.
Wolf 7.62x39 for $6.99 per 20.

All if these are FMJ so range practice can resume normal pace.

Still not finding .22 ammo in my area.

sputnik1988 06-29-2013 07:33 PM

Walmart had about 20 boxes of 9mm Tula brass on Monday but I only had the cash for one.

Of course come pay day the shelves are dry:rolleyes:

I usually try to pick up some 150 grain 30-06 if they don't have anything else I need, but they were even out of that this week.

wieseman71 06-29-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWSchramm

Yeah I've been noticing people throughout the country talking about how things are looking up in their areas.

A my LGS here in Kalifornia, if you're looking for a slightly less common rifle caliber, or shotgun slugs, you're set. Anything else is still scarce.

Hang in there !!!! we may be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I still don't get the shortage of .22??????

sputnik1988 06-29-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wieseman71 (Post 1290411)
Hang in there !!!! we may be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I still don't get the shortage of .22??????

Hoarders and scalpers.


If everyone would stop buying ammo for 2 weeks, the shelves would be full.

And depending on who you ask, the government is buying billions of rounds of 22lr, just so you can't have it:rolleyes:

sbeezy 06-29-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWSchramm

Yeah I've been noticing people throughout the country talking about how things are looking up in their areas.

A my LGS here in Kalifornia, if you're looking for a slightly less common rifle caliber, or shotgun slugs, you're set. Anything else is still scarce.

I was just down there. The wal Mart by where I was at had a ammo case about 3 times as big as my local one with about 1/10 the inventory. It was cleaned out. I feel bad for the people of CA if its like that all over. Fortunately up here most ammo is returning. .22lr and 9mm are hit and miss here as well.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:44 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.