Santa brought me a Garthwaite trigger!!!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hi Power Firearms > Santa brought me a Garthwaite trigger!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Default Santa brought me a Garthwaite trigger!!!

Santa (my wife) gave me the best present this year!!!!

A Jim Garthwaite competition trigger for my Hi Power. My wife is good (but not quite good enough to know to do this on her own), I had to tell her what and where to order it but still it is a great Christmas gift!!!

If you are not familiar with these, they are wider and straighter than stock Hi Power triggers. They are not fully straightened out but quite a bit straighter (less of a 'hook' to it) than stock and much wider. The interface surface with your trigger finger feels much better to me.

Anyhow, I need to do some final fitting of the little nipple lever at the front that controls the overtravel but as soon as I get it installed I will snap and post a pic here.

Last edited by bartwatkins; 12-27-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #2

Here are the promised pics after the install...
Trigger pull is measured at 4# now!! Awesome...

Old 12-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1262 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 534

Da#!, I wish you had not posted this, now I have to get one or three.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:01 AM   #4

I'm really, really happy with it!
Just got back from the range to test it out and was shooting 3-4" groups at 15 yards. This was a "group" of a full mag (13 rounds) at a time. I was taking my time and aiming (no quick or rapid fire) but I absolutly love the feel/pull of the trigger. I can now shoot my HP as well as my 1911's!

Old 12-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 185 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Default Nice Trigger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins View Post
Santa (my wife) gave me the best present this year!!!!

A Jim Garthwaite competition trigger for my Hi Power. My wife is good (but not quite good enough to know to do this on her own), I had to tell her what and where to order it but still it is a great Christmas gift!!!

If you are not familiar with these, they are wider and straighter than stock Hi Power triggers. They are not fully straightened out but quite a bit straighter (less of a 'hook' to it) than stock and much wider. The interface surface with your trigger finger feels much better to me.

Anyhow, I need to do some final fitting of the little nipple lever at the front that controls the overtravel but as soon as I get it installed I will snap and post a pic here.
Jim Garthwaite?! Is he still kicking around? I haven't seen him for a loooong time. He used to shoot with us at Monroeville, PA back during the '80's. He brought a comp-gun to the Stroh's Mid-Atlantic Challenge 3-gun match for me to try out and I ordered my first comp-gun right then and there. I've had him do several tasks over the years but hadn't seen hide nor hair of him for years. I'll bet that is one nice trigger! Now you've gone and done it, since you've shown it, I'll going to have to call him and see about getting one for my Hi Power since I'm thinking of using one this year for IDPA.

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Old 12-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #6

Just Google him. Pretty nice website and it says that he is still accepting work.