Hi power clones
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hi Power Firearms > Hi power clones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #1
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Hi power clones

Does anyone know anything about the Israeli Kareen BHP clone? Or any of the others? I have seen them in very good condition @ local Gun Shows for well under $400, even saw one for $349 with 4 mags, 2-13's, a 22, and a 32 rd....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1262 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 534

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Does anyone know anything about the Israeli Kareen BHP clone? Or any of the others? I have seen them in very good condition @ local Gun Shows for well under $400, even saw one for $349 with 4 mags, 2-13's, a 22, and a 32 rd....

Check out http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/kareenisraelihi-powers.aspx

The Kareen is the best sub $300 Hi Power clone, IMHO, but I would not pay over $300.

With the extra mags you discuss, $349 may be good, Sarco only includes one mag per pistol.

Last edited by Gatoragn; 03-13-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3112 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1322

I have an Argentine service turn-in (clone to the Hi Power and made under license).
It is one of the most accurate 9mms I've had.
I did some work on it to clean up the trigger, replaced the sear spring, sear, hammer, grips, and thumb safety.

At that price, you should do all right.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 03-13-2014, 11:19 AM   #4

Default Hi power clones

Thanks. I have seen Sarco's ads in Shotgun news, and have bought some Surp. Stuff from them, and a few parts for my BAR..
Wanted to know if others had a thought about it. Why not more then $300? Poor finish? Rough Parts? I thought $350 was ok for the Gun & 4 mags. That I saw at a Gun show locally from a regular vendor there.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 03-13-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:09 PM   #5

Liked 48 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The finish and fit is the problem with some clones. Know what your looking at and select from there.

You will probably need to re-spring and polish all internals.

You can have a very nice clone BHP under $350.00.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3112 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1322

Some clones are hidden gems. When there is not the demand, the prices are low.

But, you have to know what your are looking at and do a little research.

A 1/2" socket from Harbor Freight is not of the same quality of the 1/2" socket from Sears (but will do the same job).

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 03-13-2014, 08:32 PM   #7

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

The clones at Sarco look like a good deal. Certainly worth looking into.

I have a FM Hi Power which truly is a Hi Power since FN set up their machinery in Argentina and pistols manufactured until 1989 were 100% FN licensed. Mine is a basic model with black epoxy finish, bought used in 2008 for $230. Later pistols were slightly modified but still well made.

FEG clones tend to be good but the lookalike SA/DA model uses proprietary parts and magazines so avoid unless that's what you want. Charles Daly is a nice clone made by FEG. True clones/replicas use standard parts, lookalikes don't.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:10 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I have no experience with this specific model, but most of the BHP clones I've seen are excellent guns for the money.

In general I've been impressed with affordable clones of BHP, CZ 75, and in many cases 1911s...and these are 3 very similar guns essentially branching out from the same artery. They're just plain good designs. That's probably why the cheaper 'knockoffs' seem to belie their price.

When it comes to knockoffs, there seems to be a buncha decent stuff coming from Turkish manufacturers at the moment. Not saying these pistols are equal to the originals, but certainly viable alternatives considering the cost.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:17 AM   #9

I have an Orig. Browning HP I bought in the 1980's at an LGS in Watertown NY not to far from one of the main access gates to FT. Drum. $450 but I got 4 13's and 2-22's with it, and still have it. My First one that I was going to put away and "leave " it to a relative, an Inglis from Canada that I bought for $325 in 1980 at a shop in Dothan AL, I gave that to a Kuwaiti officer who was helping us "Recon" prior to the ground phase of Desert Storm. He wanted me to "Meet" his sister and their 3 cousins, until I explained to him my faith, and back then my desire to find a woman of my faith. So he got the HP as a token of my gratitude for keeping us out of Saddam's SAM trackers Sights...

Old 03-14-2014, 12:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
I have no experience with this specific model, but most of the BHP clones I've seen are excellent guns for the money.

In general I've been impressed with affordable clones of BHP, CZ 75, and in many cases 1911s...and these are 3 very similar guns essentially branching out from the same artery. They're just plain good designs. That's probably why the cheaper 'knockoffs' seem to belie their price.

When it comes to knockoffs, there seems to be a buncha decent stuff coming from Turkish manufacturers at the moment. Not saying these pistols are equal to the originals, but certainly viable alternatives considering the cost.

Yeah, I'm looking for a CZ or Sig clone, or a BHP clone for a "Nightstand" gun, so I can put the Safe Queens away. I'm also looking at several 1911's in 9MM as that's my Main Handgun caliber. I have Several 9's I want to put away. I have not decided if my Ruger SR9 will become just a range gun,. But I want another SA, or DA/SA gun...I have looked at both the EAA Witness Steel, and the EAA Tangfolio's as well, and at the Chiappa Beretta clones. My Beretta & Taurus 92' have 22 & 32 years of use on both of them. Even they are in very Good to Almost Mint condition, same as my 1911's, I'm selling some and just putting the rest away.