Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Your wisdom is needed yet again!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
here ya go

Timney Trigger Mosin-Nagant 1-1/2 to 4 lb Steel Matte - MidwayUSA

Mojo Micro Click Snap Sight Front and Rear Set Mosin-Nagant 91/30, 91/59 Steel Blue - MidwayUSA

Advanced Technology Weaver-Style Scope Mounting System with Bolt Handle Mosin-Nagant - MidwayUSA

plus a ton of different stock options. ive seen stock kits that resemble ar15s heh

brownells has more mosin addons as do other more mosin-centric vendors.

just a few samples im not endorsing any of them as decent kit just using em as examples. i think there are just as many if not a few more mods for ye olde mosin than the remington 700
i messed up some links one is a scope base with bolt handle other is a set of ghost ring sights.
I respectfully disagree. Just go into MidwayUSA and look at the number of stocks available for the Remington 700 action. The sheer numbers are overwhelming. The same for scope mounting options, barrels, triggers, bolts, firing pins, bottom metal (triggerguards, detachable mags) etc. The Remington 700 is one of the most popular actions for manufacturers to put out aftermarket parts for.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2446 Times on 1393 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambli View Post
I respectfully disagree. Just go into MidwayUSA and look at the number of stocks available for the Remington 700 action. The sheer numbers are overwhelming. The same for scope mounting options, barrels, triggers, bolts, firing pins, bottom metal (triggerguards, detachable mags) etc. The Remington 700 is one of the most popular actions for manufacturers to put out aftermarket parts for.
I guess what I was trying to say was that for the affordability of a

Mosin, it's easy to spend more than the original value of the gun

with add-ons, but I guess that's probably true for a Rem 700,too.