Your suggestions for a left handed bolt gun?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Your suggestions for a left handed bolt gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Your suggestions for a left handed bolt gun?

Okay, I posted about going deer hunting this season a while back. Im going to be using a semi-auto .308 as my stick. But I'd like to get a bolt action .308 for future endeavors. Does anyone own or recommend such a beast?

I'll probably end up investing my time and money making this an accuracy weapon / hunting gun (a contradiction in terms, I'm aware). Been reading about accurizing bolt guns, and am ready mentally to put the time and bank into making my knowledge a reality.

Last edited by canebrake; 09-06-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: TTTP

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #2

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

If you want to do minor things to a rifle that is easy to work on. the remmy 700 is your beast. Yes guys I know remmy 700s suck ass so what. No matter what you say last time I looked they are still out selling Howa 3 to 1.

Remington you can replace the trigger yourself with a simple set of instruction and then adjust that trigger to anything you like. Lapp the lugs and get a good stock with some decent glass and your all set to go.

Howa, Savage, Remington are all good platforms to work on. The savage you can get different barrels for it like a 243 for varmints 260 for deer and a 308 for bigger deer.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 575

Nothing wrong with Remington,I just prefer the Savage.Almost all of the major MFG's have good shooting guns today.It all comes down to what you like best for the money.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #4

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
If you want to do minor things to a rifle that is easy to work on. the remmy 700 is your beast. Yes guys I know remmy 700s suck ass so what. No matter what you say last time I looked they are still out selling Howa 3 to 1.

Remington you can replace the trigger yourself with a simple set of instruction and then adjust that trigger to anything you like. Lapp the lugs and get a good stock with some decent glass and your all set to go.

Howa, Savage, Remington are all good platforms to work on. The savage you can get different barrels for it like a 243 for varmints 260 for deer and a 308 for bigger deer.
Add in The Aussies and NZ's, nope! Call it ignorance. The 700 is real easy to work on.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Nothing wrong with Remington,I just prefer the Savage.Almost all of the major MFG's have good shooting guns today.It all comes down to what you like best for the money.
Thats the 1st time Ive heard that.. I like both.I have parker/hale 7mm, rem 30-06,savage 22mag that drive tacks love them all parker/hales has the best trigger to me just my .02

Old 09-07-2010, 01:11 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

being a lefty is unfortunatly goin to cost a little more as well, its not like that just for guns, just about everything that is made for leftys is more

The remington 700 SPS varmint comes in left handed and .308

"It's not how big your stick is, it's how hard you swing it."

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives.
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.
Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation take me home?"

Old 09-07-2010, 01:35 AM   #7

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Don't forget to look at the Browning A-Bolt/X-Bolt.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."