Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Your suggestions for a left handed bolt gun? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/your-suggestions-left-handed-bolt-gun-31400/)

falseharmonix 09-06-2010 03:56 PM

Your suggestions for a left handed bolt gun?

Okay, I posted about going deer hunting this season a while back. Im going to be using a semi-auto .308 as my stick. But I'd like to get a bolt action .308 for future endeavors. Does anyone own or recommend such a beast?

I'll probably end up investing my time and money making this an accuracy weapon / hunting gun (a contradiction in terms, I'm aware). Been reading about accurizing bolt guns, and am ready mentally to put the time and bank into making my knowledge a reality.

cpttango30 09-06-2010 04:10 PM

If you want to do minor things to a rifle that is easy to work on. the remmy 700 is your beast. Yes guys I know remmy 700s suck ass so what. No matter what you say last time I looked they are still out selling Howa 3 to 1.

Remington you can replace the trigger yourself with a simple set of instruction and then adjust that trigger to anything you like. Lapp the lugs and get a good stock with some decent glass and your all set to go.

Howa, Savage, Remington are all good platforms to work on. The savage you can get different barrels for it like a 243 for varmints 260 for deer and a 308 for bigger deer.

Txhillbilly 09-06-2010 11:05 PM

Nothing wrong with Remington,I just prefer the Savage.Almost all of the major MFG's have good shooting guns today.It all comes down to what you like best for the money.

jpattersonnh 09-06-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 345435)
If you want to do minor things to a rifle that is easy to work on. the remmy 700 is your beast. Yes guys I know remmy 700s suck ass so what. No matter what you say last time I looked they are still out selling Howa 3 to 1.

Remington you can replace the trigger yourself with a simple set of instruction and then adjust that trigger to anything you like. Lapp the lugs and get a good stock with some decent glass and your all set to go.

Howa, Savage, Remington are all good platforms to work on. The savage you can get different barrels for it like a 243 for varmints 260 for deer and a 308 for bigger deer.

Add in The Aussies and NZ's, nope! Call it ignorance. The 700 is real easy to work on.

slowgt 09-07-2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly (Post 345695)
Nothing wrong with Remington,I just prefer the Savage.Almost all of the major MFG's have good shooting guns today.It all comes down to what you like best for the money.

Thats the 1st time Ive heard that.. I like both.I have parker/hale 7mm, rem 30-06,savage 22mag that drive tacks love them all parker/hales has the best trigger to me just my .02

Redarrow18 09-07-2010 01:11 AM

being a lefty is unfortunatly goin to cost a little more as well, its not like that just for guns, just about everything that is made for leftys is more :mad:

The remington 700 SPS varmint comes in left handed and .308

M14sRock 09-07-2010 01:35 AM

Don't forget to look at the Browning A-Bolt/X-Bolt.