Your "Mad Max" gun?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Your "Mad Max" gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default Your "Mad Max" gun?

Ok so for the past few weeks I have been thinking about which one of my guns are going to be my SHTF/WROL choices. I was thinking my Bersa thunder with a Mosin or an 870. How much ammo do you recommend? Should I buy a sling for the shotgun?

What would be the 2 guns you would pick in a WROL situation? What configurations are you running them with? How much ammo will your system allow in contrast to other non-firearm entities?

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Being I'm not a buggin out kind of guy storage of ammo isn't an issue. Suffice to say....Lots.

Out wandering the mean wastelands looking for gas tankers and the like? Could be anything. I would guess that trying to conceal would not be a high priority so maybe my scoped Super Redhawk with a 9.5" bbl..? Any time is a good time to sport a 1911. They never go out of style. I have a few choices there...Even a double stack 40 S&W, take THAT they don't hold enough guys
My Yugo M70 under folder might come in handy in such a situation.

Truth be told I honestly don't give it a lot of thought. Like I said I'm sticking here and for that I (we) have a plan. As well as several choices to carry it out.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

DFlynt Likes This 
Old 10-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #3

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I'm staying home too but I'll play along. I'll take my marlin 1894 in .357 mag and a 4in 357 revolver. Having a handgun and a carbine in the same caliber is ideal or me. Plus I have enough .38/.357 handloads to fill a kiddie pool.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #4

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman View Post
I'm staying home too but I'll play along. I'll take my marlin 1894 in .357 mag and a 4in 357 revolver. Having a handgun and a carbine in the same caliber is ideal or me. Plus I have enough .38/.357 handloads to fill a kiddie pool.
I've been looking for a decent deal on a 357 lever gun for a while now. So I"m going to hate you..But just a little nad only for a few minutes. But it will be intense!

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 10-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #5

Liked 210 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I've been looking for a decent deal on a 357 lever gun for a while now. So I"m going to hate you..But just a little nad only for a few minutes. But it will be intense!
Drumjunkie, look into the Rossi lever guns. I had one and loved it, but sold it to buy a boat (that I'm now selling). It would eat everything I fed it and shot as good as ANY lever action rifle I ever shot out to 100 yards.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #6

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie

I don't think you can go wrong with the marlins. Small, light weight and as much fun to shoot as any gun in the safe IMO. I think I paid in the ballpark of $500 for mine a couple of years ago.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #7

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

Lwrc M6A2

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Old 10-15-2013, 01:13 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9359 Times on 4035 Posts
Likes Given: 1471

m60.jpg

Ah.... I'm good with this one- but thanx.

My buddy has his own.

dog-mg.jpg

Hey- the sign DID say "Beware of the Dog"

Assumptions on your part are your problem.

*get some, Rex*

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 10-15-2013, 01:16 AM   #9

Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Attachment 122432

Ah.... I'm good with this one- but thanx.

My buddy has his own.

Attachment 122433

Hey- the sign DID say "Beware of the Dog"

Assumptions on your part are your problem.

*get some, Rex*
HAHA LMAO only YOU would post this! Thanks for the laugh and remind me to not try and raid your house!

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 10-15-2013, 01:34 AM   #10

Liked 380 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 519

Ok, I'll play the game too. Full time trucker here so I basically live in a "bugged out" state as part of my job, unless I'm at home already. I carry a m4 carbine in the under the seat position as well as a ruger Alaskan in .44 mag. Carry by foot is not in my options, (80ft long, 40 ton vehicle) as when rolling I'm damn hard to stop. Ammo? plenty!

Objectives: return to home base and link up with my support network. Strength in numbers!!!

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

molonlabexx Likes This