Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Your "Mad Max" gun? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/your-mad-max-gun-98785/)

molonlabexx 10-14-2013 07:18 PM

Your "Mad Max" gun?

Ok so for the past few weeks I have been thinking about which one of my guns are going to be my SHTF/WROL choices. I was thinking my Bersa thunder with a Mosin or an 870. How much ammo do you recommend? Should I buy a sling for the shotgun?

What would be the 2 guns you would pick in a WROL situation? What configurations are you running them with? How much ammo will your system allow in contrast to other non-firearm entities?

DrumJunkie 10-14-2013 08:32 PM

Being I'm not a buggin out kind of guy storage of ammo isn't an issue. Suffice to say....Lots.

Out wandering the mean wastelands looking for gas tankers and the like? Could be anything. I would guess that trying to conceal would not be a high priority so maybe my scoped Super Redhawk with a 9.5" bbl..? Any time is a good time to sport a 1911. They never go out of style. I have a few choices there...Even a double stack 40 S&W, take THAT they don't hold enough guys :p
My Yugo M70 under folder might come in handy in such a situation.

Truth be told I honestly don't give it a lot of thought. Like I said I'm sticking here and for that I (we) have a plan. As well as several choices to carry it out.:)

magnumman 10-14-2013 08:56 PM

I'm staying home too but I'll play along. I'll take my marlin 1894 in .357 mag and a 4in 357 revolver. Having a handgun and a carbine in the same caliber is ideal or me. Plus I have enough .38/.357 handloads to fill a kiddie pool.

DrumJunkie 10-14-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnumman (Post 1401659)
I'm staying home too but I'll play along. I'll take my marlin 1894 in .357 mag and a 4in 357 revolver. Having a handgun and a carbine in the same caliber is ideal or me. Plus I have enough .38/.357 handloads to fill a kiddie pool.

I've been looking for a decent deal on a 357 lever gun for a while now. So I"m going to hate you..But just a little nad only for a few minutes. But it will be intense!:eek::p

CaseyChadwell 10-14-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumJunkie (Post 1401691)
I've been looking for a decent deal on a 357 lever gun for a while now. So I"m going to hate you..But just a little nad only for a few minutes. But it will be intense!:eek::p

Drumjunkie, look into the Rossi lever guns. I had one and loved it, but sold it to buy a boat (that I'm now selling). It would eat everything I fed it and shot as good as ANY lever action rifle I ever shot out to 100 yards.

magnumman 10-14-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumJunkie

I don't think you can go wrong with the marlins. Small, light weight and as much fun to shoot as any gun in the safe IMO. I think I paid in the ballpark of $500 for mine a couple of years ago.

bluez 10-14-2013 10:03 PM

Lwrc M6A2 :)

c3shooter 10-15-2013 12:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 122432

Ah.... I'm good with this one- but thanx.

My buddy has his own.

Attachment 122433

Hey- the sign DID say "Beware of the Dog"

Assumptions on your part are your problem.

*get some, Rex*

molonlabexx 10-15-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1401898)
Attachment 122432

Ah.... I'm good with this one- but thanx.

My buddy has his own.

Attachment 122433

Hey- the sign DID say "Beware of the Dog"

Assumptions on your part are your problem.

*get some, Rex*

HAHA LMAO only YOU would post this! Thanks for the laugh and remind me to not try and raid your house!

dwmiller 10-15-2013 12:34 AM

Ok, I'll play the game too. Full time trucker here so I basically live in a "bugged out" state as part of my job, unless I'm at home already. I carry a m4 carbine in the under the seat position as well as a ruger Alaskan in .44 mag. Carry by foot is not in my options, (80ft long, 40 ton vehicle) as when rolling I'm damn hard to stop. Ammo? plenty!

Objectives: return to home base and link up with my support network. Strength in numbers!!!