Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Your gun fetish??? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/your-gun-fetish-66216/)

Big-Nasty 06-11-2012 05:12 AM

Your gun fetish???

I'm not real picky about what I like when it comes to guns as long as it shoots good, operates good, and is worth the price. And like most good Americans I like just about anything that has MADE IN USA stamped on it. But I have a gun fetish. I like alot of older European guns. Especially Russian and German. The looks, designs, different calibers, and even the names they have. So if you have a gun fetish, what is it? And please don't trash my thread. I hate it when good threads turn to **** and are closed.

unclebear 06-11-2012 05:23 AM

I would say I have a few, wood and steel, anything that comes with or can mount a bayonet, I also like odd ball weapons the weird ones that might not have been great but just are odd kind of like the K31 action or maybe old pistols like the Frommer Model 1912.

So far the biggest gun I want for my "fetish" is differently an old 12 gauge trench gun with the bayonet, got to love old wood and steel 12 gauge pump with a pointy stick on the end!

kaido 06-11-2012 05:23 AM

I have a thing for older style military firearms. Just about anything from WWII and back. Call me crazy, but I wish firearms could talk. I think some would have such a great story to tell of who owned them furring the war and which ones they where actually used in. Only modern military rifle I have a thing for is the M4.

R3c0n5n1p3r 06-11-2012 05:25 AM

I'm a gun addict and in love with the ak47 or anything Russian other than the Sks not big on the Sks but ak, nagant, dragunov, sagia 12 and it all .. If. It shoots I like it... I just found a love in lever actions also and got 3 lol

bearrwe 06-11-2012 05:28 AM

I have guns from many periods and makers. The guns that I prefer are wood and metal and I really love guns that takedown.

Muliemaster 06-11-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearrwe
I have guns from many periods and makers. The guns that I prefer are wood and metal and I really love guns that takedown.

The model 94 is my addiction, im at 83 in various calibers an i do have all the commerative model 94's any thing winchester in lever gun or pre 64 i dont pass up, it goes home with me

c3shooter 06-11-2012 10:35 AM

While I DO have stainless and synthetic stocked guns, I really like good wood and blued steel in ANYTHING.

Carried by a 19 yr old redhead cheerleader (Umm- you DID say fetish!)

Muliemaster 06-11-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter
While I DO have stainless and synthetic stocked guns, I really like good wood and blued steel in ANYTHING.

Carried by a 19 yr old redhead cheerleader (Umm- you DID say fetish!)

Wooooooooooo now thats what im talkin bout

texaswoodworker 06-11-2012 10:48 AM

First, let me state that I am not a gun snob. If I have the money, I will buy ANY gun, minus pot metal guns, and Saturday night specials (well, maybe one as a tackle box gun if it was safe to shoot.)

But I do have a fetish that most of ya'll probably already know about (and if you don't, you weren't paying close enough attention. :D). I love military surplus guns, and odd looking/designed guns. I also love cowboy guns. ;)

WebleyFosbery38 06-11-2012 11:07 AM

Old and weird, my fav's. New and cool is neat but CNC's and composites make it easy for anyone to try their hand at gun-making. The old Smiths really had challenges with raw materials and milling machines run by steam engines, yet they produced weapons of every shape and size without teams of designers, assembly lines and high tech powders.

In a war, I want something completely different than what I want in my gun rack at home, M1 Abrams, Maw Deuce, MK 19, SAW, M16a2, AK 47 in that order!

At home, my K31, Rem M11, Martini Henri, Ithaca's big and small, Wards Western, and a few others of long ago are King. I do like C3's addition of a living "Rack", (gun), not a bad Idea, Wife's not gonna appreciate it but what the hell!