Your choice of rifle brand? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Your choice of rifle brand?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShagNasty1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,526
Liked 461 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

What about the Thompson Center Dimension? Has anyone heard much of those?
ShagNasty1001 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #12
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

My favorite make and model of all time is the Ruger #1 Single Shot.
cottontop
 
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 5,171
Liked 773 Times on 540 Posts
Likes Given: 842

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
I love my Howa 1500 chambered in .308, and would not trade it for a million dollars.
+1, have had mine for 15+ years, outstanding!
__________________
Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.
jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 5,171
Liked 773 Times on 540 Posts
Likes Given: 842

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom View Post
Savage..........
I thought only liberals yelled. Is there something you are hiding??
__________________
Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.
jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
R-BOLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Larned,Kansas
Posts: 229
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Any Ruger Hawkeye and CZ. Both come with great scope rings - very good triggers - accurate out of the box.
R-BOLT is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:51 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShagNasty1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,526
Liked 461 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

I went to my LGS to check a couple different brands out that I haven't had a chance to play with much. I looked at the Savage 114 but they had it in a 300 win short mag or 300 win mag so I checked out the short mag. I also looked at the Browning X-Bolt Stalker Carbon Fiber which felt really good. They had them in all sorts of calibers along with being stainless or blued barrels. What is the difference between the X-Bolt and A-Bolt?
ShagNasty1001 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gatoragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North GA. Back home in Dixieland.
Posts: 3,625
Liked 1311 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 571

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
I went to my LGS to check a couple different brands out that I haven't had a chance to play with much. I looked at the Savage 114 but they had it in a 300 win short mag or 300 win mag so I checked out the short mag. I also looked at the Browning X-Bolt Stalker Carbon Fiber which felt really good. They had them in all sorts of calibers along with being stainless or blued barrels. What is the difference between the X-Bolt and A-Bolt?
I have the X bolt hunter, wood stock, in .308, excellent rifle. X Bolt has:
an adjustable trigger (set at 3.5 pounds from factory
has detachable magazine as opposed to hinged
has a bolt release that allows bolt to be opened without moving safety to fire
scope mounting system is different, 4 screws on each end of receiver

Couple other rifles to check out, Tikka and Ruger American.
Gatoragn is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mrfox556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 107
Liked 27 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Don't forget the marlin x series. X7vh with a heavy bull barrel for 350ish. Great rifles so I'm told. I'll know first hand pretty soon.
mrfox556 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShagNasty1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,526
Liked 461 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn

I have the X bolt hunter, wood stock, in .308, excellent rifle. X Bolt has:
an adjustable trigger (set at 3.5 pounds from factory
has detachable magazine as opposed to hinged
has a bolt release that allows bolt to be opened without moving safety to fire
scope mounting system is different, 4 screws on each end of receiver

Couple other rifles to check out, Tikka and Ruger American.
I've played with the Tikka T3 before along with the American and wasn't too impressed with the Ruger. But then again I'm used to their M77 and #1 and looove the wooden stocks on them. They're just a little heavy for my taste
ShagNasty1001 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShagNasty1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,526
Liked 461 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfox556
Don't forget the marlin x series. X7vh with a heavy bull barrel for 350ish. Great rifles so I'm told. I'll know first hand pretty soon.
Marlin completely slipped my mind. I'll be sure to look some up today
ShagNasty1001 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Recommend a BP Rifle (Brand & Model) winch Blackpowder & Musket 46 01-05-2014 07:39 PM
apocalypse rifle of choice ZmbieWolf General Rifle Discussion 13 03-14-2012 09:49 PM
Rifle caliber choice. cpttango30 General Rifle Discussion 23 12-11-2010 05:24 AM
Rifle brand...in .300 Win Mag lonyaeger General Rifle Discussion 41 02-10-2010 02:48 AM
Help with rifle choice Jo da Plumbr General Rifle Discussion 12 09-08-2009 05:41 PM



Newest Threads