WWII guns - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > WWII guns

View Poll Results: Your favorite WWII gun ?
M1 Garand 27 36.00%
M1 Carbine 7 9.33%
M1 Thompson 14 18.67%
MP44 2 2.67%
MP40 2 2.67%
Mauser Kar 98K 6 8.00%
Sten MK ll 0 0%
Lee-Enfield 5 6.67%
BAR 11 14.67%
Bren 1 1.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I chose the Kar98 because of the research done on these guns. As well as what I would be best at in a gunfight.

The M1 Garand is a great gun, but it follows the same basic concept of the Carbine; close and mid range fighting. Kar98's, Lee-Enfields, Mosin-Nagants, and the Japanese bolt-rifle would be the best choices because they are powerful, accurate, and are all range weapons.

The BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle) was the first small-machine-gun to be developed in war.
The Browning .30 were not only used in ground-based-fighting, but were also the main cannons in American Army-Air Force Planes. However it could not be used like a BAR.
The Browning .50 was too heavy to carry like the .30 or BAR, so they were used for for vehicle warfare.
The MG42 was one of the best MG's during that time. it was accurate, extremely fast, and powerful (I wonder if it could be used like a BAR though).

Thompson's (which had a higher tendency to jam), MP40's, PPSH1's (which was the fastest firing smg) and Sten's were the first full-auto-small arms, but they are smg's and are only gun at close-range.

However, if I were to choose my whole arsenal, these are what I'd go for.

*Scoped Kar98 / scoped Mosin Nagant
*PPSH1 / MG42
*Colt 1911 /w tactical knife
*German Stick Grenades

These are my preferences, because I'd be better as a sniper.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:29 AM   #32

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

While your jacking the bolt 4 times on that kar i just whackesd your ass with my m1. Because i can get off 8 rounds to your 3. M1 not good for long range. Think you need to do some real world shooting and less research. YMMV

Old 05-03-2011, 01:52 AM   #33

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Browning M2 or the Browning 1919a2

me gusta machine guns

Old 05-03-2011, 02:25 AM   #34

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXWolf23 View Post

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally?

The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:24 AM   #35

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
I chose the Kar98 because of the research done on these guns. As well as what I would be best at in a gunfight.

The M1 Garand is a great gun, but it follows the same basic concept of the Carbine; close and mid range fighting. Kar98's, Lee-Enfields, Mosin-Nagants, and the Japanese bolt-rifle would be the best choices because they are powerful, accurate, and are all range weapons.

The BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle) was the first small-machine-gun to be developed in war.
The Browning .30 were not only used in ground-based-fighting, but were also the main cannons in American Army-Air Force Planes. However it could not be used like a BAR.
The Browning .50 was too heavy to carry like the .30 or BAR, so they were used for for vehicle warfare.
The MG42 was one of the best MG's during that time. it was accurate, extremely fast, and powerful (I wonder if it could be used like a BAR though).

Thompson's (which had a higher tendency to jam), MP40's, PPSH1's (which was the fastest firing smg) and Sten's were the first full-auto-small arms, but they are smg's and are only gun at close-range.

*PPSH1 / MG42
*German Stick Grenades

You don't have a whole lot of trigger time on the M1 Garand, do you? Excellent trigger, best sights ever used on a battle rifle, and a serious 1,000+ yard caliber.

The PPSH requires the drums to be fitted to the individual weapon. The stick mags work better, but run dry fast.

And stick grenades? Ever tried to throw an off balance stick accurately? They were more of a concussion grenade than a frag, too. The US had the best grenade of WW2, by far.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-03-2011, 05:30 AM   #36

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Had to go for the BAR all the way.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #37

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I have tons of time behind both the k98 and the M1 Garand I guess that is the plus to your dad liking to collect old military rifles. I got trigger time on quite a few old us military firearms like the Trapdoor, Kreg (rifle and carbine), 1903, M1 Garand, Type 38, k98, 1917, No 4 MkIII.

The Garand is a fine military firearm and won WWII. The rate of fire was 2 to 3 times what a k98 was plus it was deadly accurate out to at least 800 yards. I have fired it out to 600 and would get first round hits on target. The m1 then morphed into the M1a or M14.

I also agree that the pineapple grenade was much better than the stick. Sure you could throw the stick further but like M14 said it was no where near as accurate to throw as our pineapple. Why do you think all grenades are shaped like a baseball now?

Old 05-04-2011, 05:14 AM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 141 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:

*PPSH1 / MG42
*German Stick Grenades

You will find the Ma Deuce was used on bombers and other planes for close support not the 30 cal.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
While your jacking the bolt 4 times on that kar i just whackesd your ass with my m1. Because i can get off 8 rounds to your 3. M1 not good for long range. Think you need to do some real world shooting and less research. YMMV
Dude!You pulled the words right out of my mouth!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
You don't have a whole lot of trigger time on the M1 Garand, do you? Excellent trigger, best sights ever used on a battle rifle, and a serious 1,000+ yard caliber.

The PPSH requires the drums to be fitted to the individual weapon. The stick mags work better, but run dry fast.

And stick grenades? Ever tried to throw an off balance stick accurately? They were more of a concussion grenade than a frag, too. The US had the best grenade of WW2, by far.
Very well done!