Wrong handed Rifle
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Wrong handed Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 06:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Wrong handed Rifle

I purchased a Mossberg 100ATR .270 a while back and at the time I thought that all civilian rifles were right handed. A friend recently told me that I could have ordered for a lefty. Since I'm stuck with a right handed rifle I was wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions to holding it as a lefty and still be able to reload fast enough for the next shot?

Basic Rifle info:
Mossberg 100ATR .270
O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. - Firearms, Shotguns, Rifles, Accessories, and Precision Machining

Scope:
CenterPoint Adventure Class 4-16x40mm
http://www.crosman.com/optics/riflescopes/adventure/CPA416AORG

Accessories:
Telescopic Bypod (12" extended)
Forest cammo leather sling

Ammo type:
Winchester .270 Super X

I'm not used to using the scope yet as I was trained to aim through iron sights.
If you need more info let me know.
I'm still a noob to civilian weaponry.

Thanks in advance, J3.

Who says you can't get blood from a stone?
It all depends on how hard you hit them with it.

~me~

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #2

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

My brother shoots left handed with right hand rifles. You just have to work at it and get used to it. I know some guys that get a stock blank and cut it for a right hand action and a lefthanded shooter.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Honestly it is better to shoot right handed.

It's better to get used to it now and train your right hand to shoot. I'm left handed and I shoot right handed.

Reason being since I'm left handed...my dominant hand makes and excellent balance hand and eventually I should be able to shoot better.