wow...should have bought a howa sooner

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > wow...should have bought a howa sooner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 210 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Default wow...should have bought a howa sooner

So, I bought a howa 223 with a 20 inch bull barrel and a mounted Nikko stirling 4-16x44 scope. Just shot it for the first time a few minutes ago and I was very impressed at what that rifle can do at 100 yards! The hogue scope feels great and the rifle shot splendidly! I shot one three shot group into a perfect clover leaf one inch high with federal fusion ammo. The federal 55 grain shot decent too. Over all, all groups were under one inch. Tried a five shot group at the end, but think the barrel was hot because it was a clover leaf and then the last two opened it up to just one inch. If I can ever figure out how to post pics from my phone I will. Love this set up, even though I'm not a huge fan of the optics on it, but they'll do for now.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #2

Liked 2117 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

Howas are nice rifles. At a good price point, too.
Howa makes the action and barrel assemblies for the Weatherby Vanguard rifles.
Not bad, eh?

Gone turducken huntin'

Old 10-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #3

Liked 210 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 293

I've had weatherbys that didn't shoot this good! There will be many deer that will fall to the crack of this thing in another month and 7 days! A d if all goes smoothly after deer season is over I can try my luck at coyotes. :-)