Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Is it wise to sell my Polytech M1a?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 01:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Is it wise to sell my Polytech M1a?

So I have a Polytech M1a with five (5) 20 round magazines and about 800 rounds of surplus 7.62 ammo.

I recently decided to buy an AR-15. However I have no money to buy it with. I bought my Polytech for with everything mentioned above (with a bit more ammo) for a steal. So i'm thinking of selling it, and using the money to buy the AR-15. A Bushmaster to be exact.

I just don't like the weight and feel of the gun. Accurate as hell, but just not my kind of firearm. I know they stopped importing them a while ago. So my question is, should I forget the AR-15, and keep this? Is it likely that the Polytech M1a will get rarer and more valuable later on? Or does it not really matter, and I should sell it for a profit and get an AR-15?

Also, I am look to sell this. Those of you who are interested . Bore is good, and only less than 1000 rounds through it. Message me with an offer.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-24-2009, 02:38 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I'd keep it, but then again my login name may reveal my bias. Ha.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:43 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I personally prefer M1/M14 rifles, then again, I'm old & cranky.

If you can sell the Polytech for enough to replace it with the Bushmaster, as well as lay in enough ammo to feed it, knock yourself out. You have to carry it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #4

Liked 83 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I would keep the real rifle. LOL, just my opinion....

Jim........

Old 09-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #5

If you have to ask our opinions, then you probably shouldn't sell it since deep down you don't want to. I have vowed to never sell another one of my firearms, even if I can find no use for it. I always kick myself later...

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 09-25-2009, 02:00 AM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I have to agree, you probably don't want to sell it in the first place.
Personally, I would keep the real rifle. It will do a lot more than the AR, especially if you ever have to use it to get your own meat.
Then, again, I'm an M14 fanatic anyway.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:14 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I would try to hold onto the M1A. If you let it go, no matter how good the deal, down the road you are going to look back and wish you had kept it. I myself can do that with almost every gun I have ever had.
Find yourself one of those no interest credit card offers that last 6 to 12 months, and buy yourself an AR. Make managable payments and in short order you are free and clear with an M1A and an AR. That's a boat many of us would like to be in!
Look at a Smith & Wesson M&P Tactical or the new Ruger AR, and just to stir things up,,,,,,, a Sig556.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #8

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

I think that you should sell it to me for about 500

Old 10-15-2009, 02:20 AM   #9

Keep the M1a man. This the coolest rifle in the whole world. I love the stability and the accuracy as well. When it comes to weight its not a problem to me since i been lifting weights this rifle is nothing but a peanut. lol