Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Is it wise to sell my Polytech M1a? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/wise-sell-my-polytech-m1a-18450/)

Gergify 09-24-2009 01:45 AM

Is it wise to sell my Polytech M1a?

So I have a Polytech M1a with five (5) 20 round magazines and about 800 rounds of surplus 7.62 ammo.

I recently decided to buy an AR-15. However I have no money to buy it with. I bought my Polytech for with everything mentioned above (with a bit more ammo) for a steal. So i'm thinking of selling it, and using the money to buy the AR-15. A Bushmaster to be exact.

I just don't like the weight and feel of the gun. Accurate as hell, but just not my kind of firearm. I know they stopped importing them a while ago. So my question is, should I forget the AR-15, and keep this? Is it likely that the Polytech M1a will get rarer and more valuable later on? Or does it not really matter, and I should sell it for a profit and get an AR-15?

Also, I am look to sell this. Those of you who are interested ;). Bore is good, and only less than 1000 rounds through it. Message me with an offer.

M14sRock 09-24-2009 02:38 AM

I'd keep it, but then again my login name may reveal my bias. Ha.

CA357 09-24-2009 02:43 AM

I personally prefer M1/M14 rifles, then again, I'm old & cranky. :D

If you can sell the Polytech for enough to replace it with the Bushmaster, as well as lay in enough ammo to feed it, knock yourself out. You have to carry it. ;)

masterPsmith 09-24-2009 02:14 PM

I would keep the real rifle. LOL, just my opinion....

Jim........

jeepcreep927 09-24-2009 04:44 PM

If you have to ask our opinions, then you probably shouldn't sell it since deep down you don't want to. I have vowed to never sell another one of my firearms, even if I can find no use for it. I always kick myself later...

Silvertip 44 09-25-2009 02:00 AM

I have to agree, you probably don't want to sell it in the first place.
Personally, I would keep the real rifle. It will do a lot more than the AR, especially if you ever have to use it to get your own meat.
Then, again, I'm an M14 fanatic anyway.

Flint Rock 09-25-2009 02:14 AM

I would try to hold onto the M1A. If you let it go, no matter how good the deal, down the road you are going to look back and wish you had kept it. I myself can do that with almost every gun I have ever had.
Find yourself one of those no interest credit card offers that last 6 to 12 months, and buy yourself an AR. Make managable payments and in short order you are free and clear with an M1A and an AR:). That's a boat many of us would like to be in!
Look at a Smith & Wesson M&P Tactical or the new Ruger AR, and just to stir things up,,,,,,, a Sig556:rolleyes:.

CaseyChadwell 10-04-2009 04:37 PM

I think that you should sell it to me for about 500:D

M1arifles 10-15-2009 02:20 AM

Keep the M1a man. This the coolest rifle in the whole world. I love the stability and the accuracy as well. When it comes to weight its not a problem to me since i been lifting weights this rifle is nothing but a peanut. lol