Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   winchester model 94 lever stuck? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/winchester-model-94-lever-stuck-36569/)

Winchester1894 01-07-2011 10:11 PM

winchester model 94 lever stuck?

does the action have to be taken out?

Winchester1894 01-08-2011 04:34 AM

oh boy

thanks for the help that is coincidentally non existent.

danf_fl 01-08-2011 09:31 AM

We ask that new people stop by introductions and tell us a little first.

Your question has too many variables. Is is stuck closed? With a round in chamber? Stuck open? Lever won't work? Stuck in the mud?

Please clarify. Thanks

willfully armed 01-08-2011 09:42 AM

Is there a case in the chamber? Can we get some details here?

nwrednk 01-08-2011 10:56 AM

Broken shell?!

My model 94 Winchester was the first one of 2 that I purchased in 1979 for
myself & 1 for Pop as we started deer hunting in 1980. I bagged my first 5
point, (not counting brow tines) on opening day of deer season. It was a mule deer, & we have never had a problem with our winchesters! "Need more
input"!;)

Hawg 01-08-2011 08:17 PM

Did a cartridge pop out under the carrier? That's a common problem with older 94's.

HOSSFLY 01-08-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winchester1894 (Post 417571)

WOW- sorry everyone did'nt stop their Saturday to answer your question :eek:
As said more info is needed-
Gun loaded?
Were you tryin to chamber a live or spent round?
Stuck open or closed?

crockett007 01-08-2011 09:25 PM

I'm sorry, but there is enough information from the OP for me.

I just fixed this a few weeks ago on a friends 94. The finger lever pin has backed out of the cartridge guide under recoil, preventing the action from levering back into battery. Remove the finger lever link screw, You will see the pin through the hole, and use a punch to tap it back in. This will restore function, so as to disassemble and replace the undersized pin, or, stake the original. My friend did not want to do this last step, as he was in a hurry for deer gun season. IMHO, it happened once, it will happen again if not properly fixed. His rifle is shooting away with no issues right now, but........

Go here for a guide to the parts I'm talking about:

Winchester Model 94 post 1964

danf_fl 01-08-2011 09:47 PM

That is the line I was thinking, but the OP should still explain what the problem is. Some people find out new info when the problem is reported in depth.

His question just could have been "My truck won't start. Why?" Then we have to play 1000 questions to him/her.

More explanation on his part will assist others who may have the same type of problem or what to look for.

HOSSFLY 01-08-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 418053)
That is the line I was thinking, but the OP should still explain what the problem is. Some people find out new info when the problem is reported in depth.

His question just could have been "My truck won't start. Why?" Then we have to play 1000 questions to him/her.

More explanation on his part will assist others who may have the same type of problem or what to look for.

Agree- + politeness helps too :rolleyes:
Quote:

oh boy