Winchester model 94 30-30 - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Winchester model 94 30-30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 03:07 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dteed4094
I would say the clerks biggest mistake was selling you the ammo. How was he to know you weren't shooting a 243 and a 30/30. The second mistake was made by the guy that took you shooting, assuming you knew what you were doing. The third mistake was having ammo at the bench that didn't match the gun (your fault). Even if you can't tell the diff, the ammo box is plainly marked for caliber. These rounds are not even similar, which proves you are pre novice. The clerk is actually faultless in the whole thing. You need to take responsibility and make sure you never make the same or any mistake. It could have been much worse, He could have sold you 32 special that would chamber and could cause catastrophic failure of the gun. In that case you could loose your face, hands or any combination of both. Do not make light of this, Learn from it. You f...ed up. make sure your new user name isn't, or you don't put someone "InTheBox'
I owned up to my part for sure. I was actually the guy that took everyone, found the place and organized it all. Nobody assumed anything, I and the other inexperienced shooter both were more than upfront about it. The clerk didnt just sell us the ammo, its behind a counter. We told them what we wanted and they pulled it and rung us up. Im still taking the blame though, because no matter who stocked the shelf wrong, and who sold us the wrong ammo, it was our responsibility to know what we were putting in our guns. From now on I will be extra sure of this, without a doubt.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:08 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks7895

I totally agree. There is no room for "mistakes" with firearms. The clerk is a moron for selling you the wrong ammo... but you won the Darwin Award. Consider yourself lucky.
Very much agreed!!!

Old 11-18-2011, 04:43 AM   #23

Id be chewin a pos clerk out thats dadgum dangerous then in a classic 94 o jeez id be hot tempered but then again ignorance aint an excuse. I have a ishapore smle 2a in .308/7.62 that after reading a review bout inserts that shoot 32 auto in .308 is ok and perfect for transition of deer to rabbit etc is awesome so i got one o boy awesome yaay!! ya my left cheek the 32 auto spat everywhere out a warm barrel then in a cold barrel the 32 bullet stuck in the f-in barrel bout three inches of exit and lucky i checked the barrel after noticein no kick up down range then open the bolt n bam there the bullet be n after prying n pullin n cursein i got the bullet out and messed up the groovein which after numorous rounds laid out the and was fine the insert was scrapped! So mister fellar that got the .243 in a 30/30 crap happens learn from ur mistakes and hopefully weapon and humanll be fine!

Old 11-18-2011, 04:57 AM   #24

Liked 61 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickHarrison View Post
Id be chewin a pos clerk out thats dadgum dangerous then in a classic 94 o jeez id be hot tempered but then again ignorance aint an excuse. I have a ishapore smle 2a in .308/7.62 that after reading a review bout inserts that shoot 32 auto in .308 is ok and perfect for transition of deer to rabbit etc is awesome so i got one o boy awesome yaay!! ya my left cheek the 32 auto spat everywhere out a warm barrel then in a cold barrel the 32 bullet stuck in the f-in barrel bout three inches of exit and lucky i checked the barrel after noticein no kick up down range then open the bolt n bam there the bullet be n after prying n pullin n cursein i got the bullet out and messed up the groovein which after numorous rounds laid out the and was fine the insert was scrapped! So mister fellar that got the .243 in a 30/30 crap happens learn from ur mistakes and hopefully weapon and humanll be fine!
when it comes to guns and explosives, mistakes are the worst and most dangerous place to learn from. you only get to make them once,
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:11 AM   #25

Yes sir it is it can be beautiful when done properly but when done wrong one single mistake can turn ugly. Like a slug ending up in a duck shot box and a full choke on the end of the barrel lucky the 12 guage misfired it maded me look up at God and thank him. I think before to long ill be getting a bad deal but im responsible and my hunter ed and up bringing wont let it happen im alittle more wiser so i wont let it happen again no shortcuts n such in weapons

Old 11-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #26

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickHarrison
Yes sir it is it can be beautiful when done properly but when done wrong one single mistake can turn ugly. Like a slug ending up in a duck shot box and a full choke on the end of the barrel lucky the 12 guage misfired it maded me look up at God and thank him. I think before to long ill be getting a bad deal but im responsible and my hunter ed and up bringing wont let it happen im alittle more wiser so i wont let it happen again no shortcuts n such in weapons
Hey patrick my dumbass brother did the same thing twice blew the choke out of the barrel, fubared the end of the barrel, it split it about last 8 inches of the barrel

Old 11-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #27

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. I own both a 243 and a 30-30. These cartridges are very different animals. Anytime I handle a firearm, I am on high alert. It's all about safety, especially with others around. Not to beat a dead horse, but you didn't notice the difference in cartridges when you opened the second box? You handled 20 rounds of 30-30, so you knew what they looked and felt like. Your brain should have thrown a red flag when you grabbed the first 243. I would highly suggest a hunters and/or firearms safety course before ever operating a firearm again. I'm not trying to insult you, but it's events like this that make it harder on all of us. Be safe.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1589 Times on 1076 Posts
Likes Given: 1724

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks7895 View Post
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. I own both a 243 and a 30-30. These cartridges are very different animals. Anytime I handle a firearm, I am on high alert. It's all about safety, especially with others around. Not to beat a dead horse, but you didn't notice the difference in cartridges when you opened the second box? You handled 20 rounds of 30-30, so you knew what they looked and felt like. Your brain should have thrown a red flag when you grabbed the first 243. I would highly suggest a hunters and/or firearms safety course before ever operating a firearm again. I'm not trying to insult you, but it's events like this that make it harder on all of us. Be safe.
I was not going to be the first to say it, but I could pick iether of those two rounds blind-folded & tell the difference......... Ever see The Quick & The Dead.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks7895
Like I said, three were four of us, each reloading for another. I handled the 3030 rounds once. They looked the same to me but won't ever again.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #30

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

If that is the case... then enroll your friends in a class too. Putting the wrong ammo in a firearm is just as bad as not knowing your target or what's behind it. "It looked like a deer to me, how was I supposed to know it wasn't...". Bottom line is, you need to be 100% sure every time. Sorry to harp on this, but I practice gun safety religiously and teach my children as well. When shooters get sloppy, people get hurt. Please learn from this event.

Last edited by dks7895; 11-18-2011 at 05:25 PM.