Winchester model 94 30-30 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Winchester model 94 30-30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 11:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
I think you mistake what was said. I didnt knowingly shoot 243 from it, i shot without paying attention to what the box said the ammo was. I trusted the clerk to hand me the right box, it being from the same cubby as the other box I bought, which was 3030. So while an hinest mistake, still a boneheaded one. I shouod have checked the bixes before I left the store, and especially before I loaded and shot it. Oh, and just found out I sisnt shoot one afterall. I found the missing round just now. So it never even chambered a 243.
My mistake
Sounded like you realized the mistake & went ahead & tryed to shoot them-
Just go back & beech slap the fool who sold them to you

Old 11-17-2011, 11:11 PM   #12

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Got it out after a very simple disassembly. Thought it wouod've been much more difficult. It was a pure brain fart for sure. Never felt such a fool. Good lesson learned for sure. Be the only person to handle the gun you're about to shoot, including its ammo, and the loading of. The only way to ensure your utmost safety.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

YES- Grow a brain for gawgds sake

NOTE- Wont delete so you can all see i FINIALLY made a mistake
BUT I was wrong on my ass/u/ming the OP was the stupid one
You werent wrong, I made more than one mistake. First was not checking the boxes before purchase, though I vant be sure it was my box that was wrong as I wasnt the only person to supply the ammo for it. Second was not checking the boxes before laying them out to be used for reloading. Final was allowing someone who's never even handled a gun do the reloading without properly teaching him to double and triple check that everything is proper and set. So I'm not at all alleviated from responsibility here, but still at fault nonetheless.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:41 AM   #14

Liked 811 Times on 520 Posts
Likes Given: 249

Hey, a lesson learned and no harm done. Everyone has made mistakes in their lives, even me(just ask my wife).

Old 11-18-2011, 02:33 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall
Hey, a lesson learned and no harm done. Everyone has made mistakes in their lives, even me(just ask my wife).
Indeed. I'm not to worried about it, though at the time it was quite the cause for concern. There were more stupid and safety neglectful things done that day, with three of the five guns having jamming issues. It was raining and the four of us were all huddled under a travel gazeebo I had brought, so in close quarters and with two guys pretty new to such things trying to adjust and release stuck casings and live rounds while pointed in the direction of another shooter inches away... Yeah, it could've been worse. There was a lot of "Whoa, whoa, whoa"ing and "watch it"s. Truly amateur and dangerous. This is why they have Hunters safety courses and the like. Its been a long time and the only one I ever took was archery specific, but I apparently need a refresher course. Not proud of how a lot of things were handled that day, but I'm definitely reminded of some good safety guidelines because of it.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:38 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1510 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 1640

Push the mag. gate down & let it slid out !

Old 11-18-2011, 02:40 AM   #17
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Now............be more careful what you shove into that thing.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:41 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom
Push the mag. gate down & let it slid out !
Yeah, found that out after a few failed and improper attempts.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:43 AM   #19

Liked 60 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I would say the clerks biggest mistake was selling you the ammo. How was he to know you weren't shooting a 243 and a 30/30. The second mistake was made by the guy that took you shooting, assuming you knew what you were doing. The third mistake was having ammo at the bench that didn't match the gun (your fault). Even if you can't tell the diff, the ammo box is plainly marked for caliber. These rounds are not even similar, which proves you are pre novice. The clerk is actually faultless in the whole thing. You need to take responsibility and make sure you never make the same or any mistake. It could have been much worse, He could have sold you 32 special that would chamber and could cause catastrophic failure of the gun. In that case you could loose your face, hands or any combination of both. Do not make light of this, Learn from it. You f...ed up. make sure your new user name isn't, or you don't put someone "InTheBox'
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Last edited by dteed4094; 11-18-2011 at 02:49 AM.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:00 AM   #20

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dteed4094 View Post
I would say the clerks biggest mistake was selling you the ammo. How was he to know you weren't shooting a 243 and a 30/30. The second mistake was made by the guy that took you shooting, assuming you knew what you were doing. The third mistake was having ammo at the bench that didn't match the gun (your fault). Even if you can't tell the diff, the ammo box is plainly marked for caliber. These rounds are not even similar, which proves you are pre novice. The clerk is actually faultless in the whole thing. You need to take responsibility and make sure you never make the same or any mistake. It could have been much worse, He could have sold you 32 special that would chamber and could cause catastrophic failure of the gun. In that case you could loose your face, hands or any combination of both. Do not make light of this, Learn from it. You f...ed up. make sure your new user name isn't, or you don't put someone "InTheBox'
I totally agree. There is no room for "mistakes" with firearms. The clerk is a moron for selling you the wrong ammo... but you won the Darwin Award. Consider yourself lucky.