Why You Should Buy A Savage CF Rifle - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Why You Should Buy A Savage CF Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 02:30 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1321 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve65 View Post
Just bought a Savage model 10 yesterday – have not had a chance to fire it. But it is missing the accu-trigger adjuster tool so I thought I’d e-mail and ask them to send me one. But no, their web site says the get too many e-mails so they just no longer accept e-mails, so you have to call – when they’re not out to lunch, of course – which I when I am at lunch and could call!

And the manual that comes with the gun covers a bunch of different guns, with a bunch of different options, not just this gun.

I believe the little things that you can see often say a lot about the big things you can’t see. Like if a restaurant bathroom is cruddy, the kitchen might be, too.

So far, I am not feeling good about Savage customer service. In this day and age to not accept e-mails is just plain poor IMO.
Steve,Just call Savage,they do have a toll free #.They will do you right.

P.S. If you have an eye glass screwdriver,it will work just as good as the factory tool.
I will send you one if you can't get in contact with Savage.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:48 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The savage 93 17hmr I bought 3 years ago must have been one that was done at 4:30 on a friday. Looked like they twisted a bit off drilling the action out. Bolt would get cocked and stick. Sent it back to savage and got it back the same way I sent it. I put less than 50rds through it and dumped it off at a gun show a week after I got it back. Savage had it back at there shop longer than I had it. Sorry but that was the first and last savage I'll ever own.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #13

I am not a Savage basher -- I have 3 now. But I put lots of stock in good customer service, and a poor (one manual for almost every gun we sell) manual and not accepting e-mail is not good customer service. I'll get around to calling -- but it is a pain -- e-mail is so much easier.

Thanks for the offer, though, Tx.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #14

Here's today's cold bore shot at 50 yards with my savage edge in .308, which is currently zero'd at 50 yards to shoot in my backyard shooting range, so i can check zero and shoot it frequently. It shoots the same as my Savage edge in .223, which i took my deer with this year. Confidence in an accurate rifle, both cold-bore and once it's warm from multiple shots is the reason i could use my little gun for deer before i even bought my new one. the .223 wasn't my first choice, for deer, but it was a last minute invite, it was what I had, and it worked great because it was accurate and i could shoot it. Speaks well for the new rifles i think.

Why You Should Buy A Savage CF Rifle - General Rifle Discussion