Why are Double Barrel Rifles so expensive?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Why are Double Barrel Rifles so expensive?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Why are Double Barrel Rifles so expensive?

Is it because most of them were made a long time ago? Or because it was really hard to make? Couldn't companies nowadays make Double Barrel Rifles in a more efficient way, thus costing a lot less and allowing normal people to buy them? If someone has the money, who wouldn't want one of those, right?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I take it you are talking about a side by side "Safari" rifle. My answer would be no demand, and limited production due to no demand.

Pretty guns though!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:50 PM   #3

I am talking about the side-by-side "Safari" rifles. Why don't people want them, besides costing so much? I wonder if more people would want them if they drastically reduced the price.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #4

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Because to slap together a double rifle with a bunch of kids from some former soviet country would get you beaten.

These rifles aren't put together they are crafted by expert artisans who put love and feeling into each rifle they produce they believe that these guns are an extension of the builder and the owner. Each double rifle is hand made to the owners measurements and what ever the owner requests to be engraved on it. These aren't guns they are works of art that happen to shoot. Each part is hand made and fitted the wood is hand carved and fitted to the metal for a flawless fit and finish. You think browning rifles have good fit and finish. An H&H double has all the screw heads going the same directions. The screws are hand engraved to match the gun I think the screws are even hand made too as well. To even look at H&H rifles you have to have the money and make an appointment to visit the gallery in NYC.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Because to slap together a double rifle with a bunch of kids from some former soviet country would get you beaten.

These rifles aren't put together they are crafted by expert artisans who put love and feeling into each rifle they produce they believe that these guns are an extension of the builder and the owner. Each double rifle is hand made to the owners measurements and what ever the owner requests to be engraved on it. These aren't guns they are works of art that happen to shoot. Each part is hand made and fitted the wood is hand carved and fitted to the metal for a flawless fit and finish. You think browning rifles have good fit and finish. An H&H double has all the screw heads going the same directions. The screws are hand engraved to match the gun I think the screws are even hand made too as well. To even look at H&H rifles you have to have the money and make an appointment to visit the gallery in NYC.
Good point. It's like a Japanese Samurai Katana. They're professionally hand made down to the last detail. I didn't think that much work goes into making the double rifles.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:36 AM   #6

Actually, instead of "Who wouldn't want one" I guess the better way to put it is "Who doesn't like the look of them". Because quite honestly, if I ever got one, I would be afraid of using it because it's so expensive and it looks so nice.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:53 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Two words: dangerous game.

If you've got the time and money to go on an African safari to hunt Cape Buffalo or Rhinoceros, price isn't an issue when you pick out a boom stick.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.