Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   What's your favorite rifle to shoot? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/whats-your-favorite-rifle-shoot-73327/)

sputnik1988 09-28-2012 07:17 AM

What's your favorite rifle to shoot?

1 Attachment(s)
Take away the 'cool' factor, the tactical usefulness, the history and the ammo cost.

It's just you, your rifle, a warm afternoon and a box of ammo...

What's your favorite paper puncher?

Mine is fast becoming my 1944 Yugoslavian capture German Kar98k.

25-5 09-28-2012 02:44 PM

The 98 looks great. I am enjoying my M1A.

SSGN_Doc 09-28-2012 03:18 PM

One of my favorites is a Marlin 336. Not the longest range rifle. Not the most tacticool, or the cheapest to shoot. But a pleasant shooter that is more accurate than most folks would think, handy enough to carry in thick woods. Powerful enough for most game inside 200 yds. Smooth and fast into action and cycling for follow ups. Didn't break the bank to buy it and ammo is. Cheaper than a lot of other hunting calibers. Reloading is pretty simple and cheap as well.

BlueTurf 09-28-2012 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I get a special thrill out of running ammo through my SA NM M1A but my favorite shooter is my Winchester Model 94. I have had it for 39 years and it is still so much fun to shoot. My aim is pretty straight and true with this rifle.

vincent 09-28-2012 03:50 PM

I couldn't possibly give only one answer...kinda like asking what's your favorite song...

I go through phases...when I got the 10/22 scoped and zeroed and didn't shoot anything else for a couple of months...

Each Mosin I get is fed at least 400 rounds, usually 3ish range trips, before I put it up...(more like it puts ME down...:) ) Bolt actions are just so damn cool!!!

I've recently dipped my toes in the AR pool and have shot one every time out for the last 4 or 5 range trips...[drooling]...The other long guns are SO jealous...;)

But I don't think I could ever land on just one...:cool:...If I absolutely HAD to pick, It'd be the Mosin for the challenge factor...Seems like sometimes that mil-surp ammo has a mind of it's own...

Of course my choices and overall experience are limited compared to some folks, sure wouldn't mind getting my grubby paws on a Model 70...[drools some more]...

rocshaman 09-28-2012 04:05 PM

I really just like going out and shooting my old Marlin 60. You can shoot all day and it don't break the bank plus you don't have to have hearing protection of some sort. We'll shoot turtles all day long down at our pond, great fun.

rjgnwdc 09-28-2012 04:17 PM

My Bushmaster right now

This may change shortly but my M4 is a ball to shoot but I just got a Benelli R1 in .300 win mag and with the Comfortech recoil system it's pretty fun to shoot, but even with reloading my own its pretty expensive to shoot.:eek:
Here's a peek at my Bushy

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/SAM_1479.jpg

USEBOTHHANDS 09-28-2012 04:37 PM

winchester model 70 .243 'Coyote' stainless, 24" heavy barrel (not bull barrel)

sweetest rifle i have ever shot.

CRAZY64 09-28-2012 04:37 PM

For pure fun and cheapness I just can't beat my Russian Sks. Shoot it all day with mil-surp ammo and costs less than I pay for lunch. As for long range I have been having a fun time working out loads on my 300 win may TC venture that have been keeping me happy and my old favorite is my coley model 60. Now by no means is it excessively accurate but the 6x norinco scope makes it fun shooting poker chips at 100 yards, add the memories it brings back shooting off thousands of rounds with this rifle when I was a kid back on the farm is pure pleasure.

aandabooks 09-28-2012 04:58 PM

Probably my Savage BV .22. If I feel like I want to shoot a bit more gun but not give up accuracy, it would be my Interarms Mark X .30-06.