Whats the best Rifle to go into combat with? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Whats the best Rifle to go into combat with?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 06:10 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
FWIW, the deadliest weapon I have ever held was black. Weighed about 4 ounces, about 7 inches long. Attached to a radio. With an artillery battery and bomber pilots on the other end.

Attachment 31314
I love this answer. The radio is more powerful than the rifle, artillery, air strikes and you have it all in the palm of your hand.

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:16 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Thats a hard one. If it is between modern weapons, it would be between an ak47 or an m4. and it also depends on the terrain that you will be on. if it is thick swamy jungle terrain or just urban terrain, I would pick the ak due to it's ruggedness and more powerfull caliber. If it was in open terrain like plains and fields, it would be the m4 due to its greater accuracy.
Personally, I would perfer to carry both (weight does not bother me) but if I could only carry one, it would be the AK because they rarely break down and the ammo is easy to find anywhere in the world.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #13

this-

dun

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Old 07-31-2011, 07:10 PM   #14

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts

Default combat rifle ?

There are so many different rifles for just as many different applications...but given real world ''me'' vs ''them '' . ''Them'' being any Person( s), organization ,military unit , law enforcement dept ,zombies ,aliens ,apes and crack /meth heads trying to harm my family (shtf scenarios) . My vote would be the ak-47 because..... Samuel L. Jackson say's ak -47 ...when you positively have to kill every m*&^%$ f$%^&%$ er in the room !

Old 07-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #15

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This was a real question? Well, OK!

The M4A2 select fire (Semi-Auto / 3 Shot Burst) carbine 5.56 NATO. IMO, this is the modern battle rifle.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
This was a real question? Well, OK!

The M4A2 select fire (Semi-Auto / 3 Shot Burst) carbine 5.56 NATO. IMO, this is the modern battle rifle.
for this country and Israel, maybe a few others. hell, even the Brits are going to the 7.62. and then every other country uses the AK-47 or some other variant. dont name out the standard M4 just cause its 'Mericas gun. i hated that damn thing. i always kept it clean as much as i could in fear of it jamming though it never did. sorta like a catch 22. and dont get me started on the mags. then again, if you were in the Army, the M4 is a badass. In the Marines ehh..chances are you didnt have a good relationship with her.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Old 07-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #17

My reasoning.......

The M4 is everywhere, unless you're in Serbia or Somalia. Parts, or replacement guns are available (they are in every police station, armory, etc.). Ammunition is also everywhere, from the above mentioned sources to your neighbors ammo stash.

If you are talking about a New selection for a battle rifle Then an AK variant in the 7.62 might be desirable, but I haven't used one in battle, crawled through the mud with one, been through a sand storm with one. I went with what is readily available, supportable, accurate and proved to be effective from my experience.

Not saying the AK hasn't proved to be an effective battle field rifle, I'm saying that if it ever breaks and you are not in an area where there are parts guns, or if you run out of ammo and there isn't a good quantity of resources; you're S.O.L.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:03 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

OK, not to hijack the thread, but I really have to ask...why do people on these forums constantly say stuff like this:

Quote:
Parts, or replacement guns are available (they are in every police station, armory, etc.). Ammunition is also everywhere, from the above mentioned sources to your neighbors ammo stash.
Do you really think that there is any conceivable scenario in which you will be able to just walk into a police station or military installation and just take stuff?

Come on. Seriously? That's like saying that you'll be able to gun down police officers and soldiers and take their kit, and that's something else that people seem to say or imply a lot on these forums.

Really, people? Is that what you're planning to try? And even if it is, even if you do plan to turn your guns on the good guys, do you honestly think that all by your lonesome, you can successfully beat trained professionals who work as a team?

I get so tired of hearing this theme pop up on these forums, and I have to wonder just who these posters are and what they're thinking.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:04 PM   #19

Quote:
My reasoning.......

The M4 is everywhere, unless you're in Serbia or Somalia. Parts, or replacement guns are available (they are in every police station, armory, etc.). Ammunition is also everywhere, from the above mentioned sources to your neighbors ammo stash.

If you are talking about a New selection for a battle rifle Then an AK variant in the 7.62 might be desirable, but I haven't used one in battle, crawled through the mud with one, been through a sand storm with one. I went with what is readily available, supportable, accurate and proved to be effective from my experience.

Not saying the AK hasn't proved to be an effective battle field rifle, I'm saying that if it ever breaks and you are not in an area where there are parts guns, or if you run out of ammo and there isn't a good quantity of resources; you're S.O.L.
the M4 type is everywhere, in U.S. gunstores. the most populated, manufactured, commonly used, copied, bought and sold weapon in the world is the AK-47. Although more people love the M4 here in the U.S. there are still more AK's here than AR's. And as for ammo, you can buy 5.56 everywhere, but more people carry different makers and alot more wholesale of 7.62x39mm in the U.S.

and AK's are in police stations and armories too, in the evidence lockers. and as for breaking it comes down to the make just like AR's. dont buy a yugo or a hipoint. Ive dug a fence post with my maadi, and cleared the barrel with a round. instant love. the Ak's not the best rifle in the world. but brother come on, the M4? say the FAL or something please

Old 07-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #20

Sorry, the FAL's I've handled are heavy. As I said, I haven't any experience with the AK although I realize they are all over the place and popular due to low maintenance and their ability to throw projectiles down range. It is my understanding that there are accuracy issues with the platform, though; but I may be mistaken.

The Kalashnikov in 7.62X39 is, as you said....Everywhere. Adopted by the Soviet military in 1972 and modified, adapted and distributed throughout the world by the Soviets, Chinese, Bulgaria, Romania and a host of others. Not many in this neck of the woods in the same quantities as the M4 and although there may be thousands in every evidence locker or stored away at ATF somewhere, most get destroyed some survive.

I guess what I'm looking at is that if you and I are called back into service to fight in a ground conflict, the local armory will be issuing the M4. If they hand me an AK, I'll know I'm cannon fodder. At 61......I wouldn't care, but I wouldnt go down alone!!