What would you pay?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > What would you pay?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What would you pay?

WHat would you pay for a mosin Nagant 91/30 with ati synthetic stock, nice mil dot scope ($80 scope), bipod, and ati scope mount with bolt?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #2

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Personally probably not much more than for an average 91/30. Unless I was to shoot it and it happened to be accurate enough to even warrant the scope it has on it. Even then not to much more

Old 06-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong
Personally probably not much more than for an average 91/30. Unless I was to shoot it and it happened to be accurate enough to even warrant the scope it has on it. Even then not to much more
Well I have a buddy who was a scout sniper in the marine corps. He has several firearms in his collection he is letting go. One is that mosin. He says due to the money he put in he wants $375. He claims ( I say that because I have not tested it yet but I do trust him) it will shoot within a paper plate at 300 yards with that scope and no problem hitting gongs at 500.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #4

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastazz

Well I have a buddy who was a scout sniper in the marine corps. He has several firearms in his collection he is letting go. One is that mosin. He says due to the money he put in he wants $375. He claims ( I say that because I have not tested it yet but I do trust him) it will shoot within a paper plate at 300 yards with that scope and no problem hitting gongs at 500.
As a Marine Corps marksman myself and a gunsmith to boot I'd say he's a fricking idiot. I can hit paper plates at 300 no problems w irons sights on a STOCK mosin 91/30. Gongs at 500 is pretty easy as well. It isn't worth NOWHERE near $375. $150 Max is what its worth.

Last edited by Marlinman; 06-30-2012 at 08:37 AM.
krisko09 Likes This 
Old 06-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #5

Liked 53 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
As a Marine Corps marksman myself and a gunsmith to boot I'd say he's a fricking idiot. I can hit paper plates at 300 no problems w irons sights on a STOCK mosin 91/30. Gongs at 500 is pretty easy as well. It isn't worth NOWHERE near $375. $150 Max is what its worth.
As much as I hate to admit it Marlin is right . These are great!, cheap guns and fairly accurate to boot. Once people start dressing them up and charging prices like that you've might as well buy something else. There are several modern bolts you could get with a scope used in that price range.

Keep up with the trends, avoid the fads, take your time and do work you can be proud of always

Old 06-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #6

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearrwe

As much as I hate to admit it Marlin is right . These are great!, cheap guns and fairly accurate to boot. Once people start dressing them up and charging prices like that you've might as well buy something else. There are several modern bolts you could get with a scope used in that price range.
What are you still doing up Ol Man? And yes you can get better/newer scoped rifles used in his asking levels. Also you know I'm USUALLY right Fat Bear.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #7

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I'm thinkin' about $81.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #8

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastazz View Post
WHat would you pay for a mosin Nagant 91/30 with ati synthetic stock, nice mil dot scope ($80 scope), bipod, and ati scope mount with bolt?
Personally, about $120. To me the Mosin's appeal is it history and character...that all goes away once you make something different from it, JMO. A restored sniper rifle with a Russian sniper scope now that's appealing.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #9

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

About tree fitty...Seriously though, Marlin is right, for that money you can get 3- 91/30's and 440 rounds of ammo...

chefs-parents.jpg  

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 06-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #10

Ok. Thanks guys! Do you think I could get a decent used rem 700 in that price range.