Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   What would you pay? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/what-would-you-pay-67361/)

Beastazz 06-30-2012 07:16 AM

What would you pay?

WHat would you pay for a mosin Nagant 91/30 with ati synthetic stock, nice mil dot scope ($80 scope), bipod, and ati scope mount with bolt?

Jstrong 06-30-2012 07:53 AM

Personally probably not much more than for an average 91/30. Unless I was to shoot it and it happened to be accurate enough to even warrant the scope it has on it. Even then not to much more

Beastazz 06-30-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jstrong
Personally probably not much more than for an average 91/30. Unless I was to shoot it and it happened to be accurate enough to even warrant the scope it has on it. Even then not to much more

Well I have a buddy who was a scout sniper in the marine corps. He has several firearms in his collection he is letting go. One is that mosin. He says due to the money he put in he wants $375. He claims ( I say that because I have not tested it yet but I do trust him) it will shoot within a paper plate at 300 yards with that scope and no problem hitting gongs at 500.

Marlinman 06-30-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastazz

Well I have a buddy who was a scout sniper in the marine corps. He has several firearms in his collection he is letting go. One is that mosin. He says due to the money he put in he wants $375. He claims ( I say that because I have not tested it yet but I do trust him) it will shoot within a paper plate at 300 yards with that scope and no problem hitting gongs at 500.

As a Marine Corps marksman myself and a gunsmith to boot I'd say he's a fricking idiot. I can hit paper plates at 300 no problems w irons sights on a STOCK mosin 91/30. Gongs at 500 is pretty easy as well. It isn't worth NOWHERE near $375. $150 Max is what its worth.

bearrwe 06-30-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlinman (Post 854080)
As a Marine Corps marksman myself and a gunsmith to boot I'd say he's a fricking idiot. I can hit paper plates at 300 no problems w irons sights on a STOCK mosin 91/30. Gongs at 500 is pretty easy as well. It isn't worth NOWHERE near $375. $150 Max is what its worth.

As much as I hate to admit it Marlin is right:o . These are great!, cheap guns and fairly accurate to boot. Once people start dressing them up and charging prices like that you've might as well buy something else. There are several modern bolts you could get with a scope used in that price range.:)

Marlinman 06-30-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearrwe

As much as I hate to admit it Marlin is right:o . These are great!, cheap guns and fairly accurate to boot. Once people start dressing them up and charging prices like that you've might as well buy something else. There are several modern bolts you could get with a scope used in that price range.:)

What are you still doing up Ol Man? And yes you can get better/newer scoped rifles used in his asking levels. Also you know I'm USUALLY right Fat Bear.

HockaLouis 06-30-2012 01:05 PM

I'm thinkin' about $81.

Jpyle 06-30-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastazz (Post 854069)
WHat would you pay for a mosin Nagant 91/30 with ati synthetic stock, nice mil dot scope ($80 scope), bipod, and ati scope mount with bolt?

Personally, about $120. To me the Mosin's appeal is it history and character...that all goes away once you make something different from it, JMO. A restored sniper rifle with a Russian sniper scope now that's appealing.

vincent 06-30-2012 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
About tree fitty...Seriously though, Marlin is right, for that money you can get 3- 91/30's and 440 rounds of ammo...:cool:

Beastazz 06-30-2012 05:14 PM

Ok. Thanks guys! Do you think I could get a decent used rem 700 in that price range.