What would you buy next? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > What would you buy next?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 195 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbwolverine View Post
We're moving to Michigan.
Where abouts are you moving to here in MI?Michigan is very long gun friendly,I don't know the exact rules on AR's,but I know long gun laws are loose here.Now for handguns,MI is nuts,dang near as bad as NY,you need to get your pistols registered here asap once you move here.Now for the main question,personally,I'd get a magnum revolver such as a .357 or .44 magnum.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 08-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
Where abouts are you moving to here in MI?Michigan is very long gun friendly,I don't know the exact rules on AR's,but I know long gun laws are loose here.Now for handguns,MI is nuts,dang near as bad as NY,you need to get your pistols registered here asap once you move here.Now for the main question,personally,I'd get a magnum revolver such as a .357 or .44 magnum.
We're moving to the Livonia area. I've had a couple other people tell me that handgun laws in Michigan are a bit strict, and that if I can, it's best to stock up before I move.

If that's the case, I may hold off on any rifles and shotguns until after I move, and buy a couple of the handguns I've thought about getting.

I'd like to pick up some kind of 1911 at some point, and I'm also considering something like a Kahr PM9, so that if I chose to at some point I'd have something small that I could carry concealed.

If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:52 AM   #23

Quote:
We're moving to the Livonia area. I've had a couple other people tell me that handgun laws in Michigan are a bit strict, and that if I can, it's best to stock up before I move.

If that's the case, I may hold off on any rifles and shotguns until after I move, and buy a couple of the handguns I've thought about getting.

I'd like to pick up some kind of 1911 at some point, and I'm also considering something like a Kahr PM9, so that if I chose to at some point I'd have something small that I could carry concealed.
As far as buying new handguns in MI,it's no different doing that than having to register the ones you already own once you get here,no more strict to buy or register than buying any gun from an FFL store.In a sense MI is strict,and in another they are not,if you own a handgun you can transport it,shoot it in the state forests and even open carry it with no CCW,but on the other hand you can't lend handguns to friends,cant carry it in your vehicle's passenger compartment without a CCW,can't even ride a bicycle with an open carried gun without a CCW etc.

S&W 915 9mm
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 08-25-2011, 12:54 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
As far as buying new handguns in MI,it's no different doing that than having to register the ones you already own once you get here,no more strict to buy or register than buying any gun from an FFL store.In a sense MI is strict,and in another they are not,if you own a handgun you can transport it,shoot it in the state forests and even open carry it with no CCW,but on the other hand you can't lend handguns to friends,cant carry it in your vehicle's passenger compartment without a CCW,can't even ride a bicycle with an open carried gun without a CCW etc.
I thought that the difference was that you only had to register guns that you already owned when you moved. If you bought them in-state, you had to get a license first.

If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #25

Quote:
I thought that the difference was that you only had to register guns that you already owned when you moved. If you bought them in-state, you had to get a license first.
Getting a license and registering already owned handguns is one in the same.You have to go to the police station,or wherever your county does this at,and get a permit to purchase a pistol,they run a simple background check just like at an FFL,and if you already own the gun you just fill in the card with the make,model and serial# etc and give it back to them,they give you a copy and send a copy to state police,if you buy a new handgun you just take that same permit card to the gunstore and they fill in what you are buying etc.Getting a CCW or CPL as it's called here is a whole other story,easy to get here usually,but a different process.

S&W 915 9mm
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 08-26-2011, 01:19 AM   #26

Theres not much an AR cant do

Old 08-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy
I have a fair selection of weapons, but I don't have an AR type yet. That would be my next weapon.

I too have a XD only Compact .40. Also a S&W Sigma in .40.
I have an 835 Mossberg with 20 in barrel w/ghost ring sights.
I have a 10/22 and Mark III.
And I have a Howa 1500 20in HB in 308 w/6x18x50 Nikon. I have actually hit a gallon milk jug at 700 yards. It's a blast to shoot. I can keep you at bay a ways out....

But would love to have a good AR of some sorts.

Thats what I'd go for next..

Jimmy
I had a custom .338 lapua magnum built for me and I did a similar test with the milk jug with the guy who built it for me. He made me shoot one at 1200 yards to prove the accuracy and quality of the rifles he build and I hit it on the first shot. Never did get to test it again seeing that I don't have 1200 yards to shoot at unless I use his range at his house lol.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #28

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

I'm being tempted by the .44 S&W wheel guns.

I feel like I'm being seduced by the Dark Side

of the Force (they have cookies)...