What will be the next US army rifle? - Page 15
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

What will be the next US army rifle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 09:37 PM   #141
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1089 Times on 580 Posts

The return on investment for a newer assault rifle doesn't seem likely to me. What kinds of results do you really expect, fractions of a percent. The next evolution in small arms for the military will be similar to comparing WWII air power to modern air power, and the only real difference is targeting ability. I'm thinking the next small arms weapons system will be a fully networked multi function optics system, everything until then will only be incremental.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 02-01-2014, 03:51 AM   #142
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2477 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
The return on investment for a newer assault rifle doesn't seem likely to me. What kinds of results do you really expect, fractions of a percent. The next evolution in small arms for the military will be similar to comparing WWII air power to modern air power, and the only real difference is targeting ability. I'm thinking the next small arms weapons system will be a fully networked multi function optics system, everything until then will only be incremental.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
That sounds like something a little more likely.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 02-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #143

Liked 51 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
Hey man, you do not have to prove anything to anyone. I have been called out to, but I ignore it. I could explain my past and skills too, but it belongs to me. My friends and family know, and that is enough. Everyone is brave and makes assumptions behind a computer screen. Then again there are a number of like forum members who would make some **** in their pants if they only knew...
You're right Jager.But I simply cannot stand such kind of people.Last time I went to the wallmart I've seen some teenagers making fun of a private us marine who has lost his leg in action.I lost my mind.Completely.

War teached me something really important:Show respect, always.Today I'm here, alive and in good shape.Many others weren't that lucky.Some of them sacrificed their lives and health to let me get back to my family.I will never forget what those men did for me.
To make it short:If they're good enough to die for your then they are eve good enough to deserve your respect.Never forget it!

Old 02-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #144

Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Van_Goth View Post
You're right Jager.But I simply cannot stand such kind of people.Last time I went to the wallmart I've seen some teenagers making fun of a private us marine who has lost his leg in action.I lost my mind.Completely.

War teached me something really important:Show respect, always.Today I'm here, alive and in good shape.Many others weren't that lucky.Some of them sacrificed their lives and health to let me get back to my family.I will never forget what those men did for me.
To make it short:If they're good enough to die for your then they are eve good enough to deserve your respect.Never forget it!
It's the part about you bashing the AR in ways that make some of us think you may be full of it. The AR is a damn good rifle platform and probably the most popular rifle sold in the US right now. I'm not going to get into a debate about which is better the AK or the AR, obviously most of America has chosen with their wallet.

Last edited by MaineMan; 02-01-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Old 02-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMan View Post
It's the part about you bashing the AR in ways that make some of us think you may be full of it. The AR is a damn good rifle platform and probably the most popular rifle sold in the US right now. I'm not going to get into a debate about which is better the AK or the AR, obviously most of America has chosen with their wallet.
Noted.As I said the AR platform is a great one...but in my modest opinion, it should be modified a little bit to be..."perfect".There isn't much work that has to be done, a relatively small investment should be enough.

Old 02-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #146

Liked 752 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:

I am incredably thankful for service members sacrfice. I know several service members that have seen or are experiecing combat and they never talk about it. it seems like those that keep dropping refernces to combat and opions on service weapons have never left the states.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Firearms Talk mobile app
John_Deer Likes This 
Old 02-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #147

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:

Getting emotional is not helpful. Did you come to the aid of the disabled veteran? Even if you did come to the marine's aid you missed a great teaching moment for our future because you were emotional. All children learn the same way, by making mistakes. They say it takes a village...

Old 02-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Getting emotional is not helpful. Did you come to the aid of the disabled veteran? Even if you did come to the marine's aid you missed a great teaching moment for our future because you were emotional. All children learn the same way, by making mistakes. They say it takes a village...
Great comment....I guess there is a great man behind it.John, you're right....Been too emotional in never a good thing, but...let us remember the fallen for second.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
I am incredably thankful for service members sacrfice. I know several service members that have seen or are experiecing combat and they never talk about it. it seems like those that keep dropping refernces to combat and opions on service weapons have never left the states.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Firearms Talk mobile app
Once you're "in", you never "leave" it.As I said in a comment...I have a son that is serving in Afghanistan...and I want him to have the best equipment, it may make the difference between a "welcome home" and a body bag(I'm sure you know what I'm talk in about)

Old 02-01-2014, 09:04 PM   #150
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
what the hell is wrong wtih being emotional about some punk kids teasing a wounded veteran? yeah, i would have been emotional as hell myself! since when is it mine or anyone else's place to teach some punk kids some respect and and decency towards other people? i'll give you a clue. it's not! it's the parents place and that's where the blame falls.

and your it takes a village to raise a child is totally wrong. it takes a parent to raise a child. the village didn't bring the child into the world, the parents did.

BTW, children learn by getting their asses busted when they make mistakes.
Steel_Talon Likes This