What Trigger Will Add Creep?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > What Trigger Will Add Creep?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 12:57 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1216 Times on 783 Posts
Likes Given: 2442

Default What Trigger Will Add Creep?

I'm probably the only person on the planet that wants creep in a trigger, but I do. I still want it to be smooth and a light pull, but I want creep. Are there any triggers that allow you to adjust, or add, creep in a trigger?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-23-2010, 01:01 AM   #2

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Can I ask why you would want creep in a trigger. It is one of the reasons for replacing factory triggers. Have you shot a gun with out creep?

I know that my AR has a 2 stage trigger where there is a take up then a little more force and the trigger breaks. That is about the only way your going to come close to it in a rifle. What kind of rifle are we talking about.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:08 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I fully understand the reason for not wanting creep, but I just flat shoot better with creep in a trigger. It took years for that to finally sink into my think skull, but it is a fact that I've finally accepted. I first learned it in high school on the rifle team. Every member of our team shot better with rifles that had creep? Since then, I've had a lot of different rifles for hunting and the only one that I've ever been able to count on is a .303 Enfield. It'll drop deer in their tracks at 300 yards and it has a ton of creep. The rifles without creep are great on a bench, but I can't hit anything over 100 yards standing. I've hit deer on the run shooting freehanded with that Enfield. I've never missed a deer with it, and Ive never had one go over 30 yards after hitting it. I just can't do that in a rifle without creep. Now its getting time to retire old faithful. I'm thinking about a Ruger target model in .308 (I love the 26" barrel), but I'm worried about the trigger. I'm worried about the trigger on everything because everyone is working to eliminate creep especially in quality rifles. So I'm wondering if I can have a trigger instailed that will let me add creep?

Old 11-23-2010, 03:37 AM   #4

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Even my hunting rifles have minimal creep. But, if that is what you want I would look for a two stage trigger.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:03 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5631 Times on 2943 Posts
Likes Given: 371

i would suggest looking at an ar15 and getting a dpms lower parts kit. prolly one of the worst trigger sets next to the ruger SR556 i have come across. if you want a really crappy creepy trigger the sr556 and dpms got em. ive got one of each and just have never gotten round to fixing them.

if you reeeeealy want a crapy trigger try the desert eagle. my mkvii has got a trigger that creeps for miles before it goes boom.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-23-2010, 11:40 PM   #6

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 725

I think you are confusing creep and take up. I understand what you are talking about. I like 2 stage military triggers. I can feel the passing of the 1st stage, and can feel the second stage. I have to say, a single set trigger is awesome.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:43 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I could be confuing the two since I didn't know there was a difference? I always thought that creep was the distance the trigger traveled before going off. Contrary to some of the other posts, a quality trigger can have creep (or travel before going off). However, most low quality triggers do have creep. I believe at one time Parker-Hale's had triggers that were adjustable for both pressure and travel? Are there any triggers now that are adjustable for both pressure and travel?

Old 11-25-2010, 04:27 AM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

I concur with others. Instead of creep, you might want to install a 2 stage "military" trigger. They can be adjusted quite light in pull yet require alot of travel to set them off. A designed feature.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If you are wanting take up before it goes off try Savages acu trigger.
My 2 cents F.K.

Thats why they call it hunting and not grocery shopping