What should my first rifle be? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > What should my first rifle be?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 05:50 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45JMB View Post

I'm just worried about obamas stupid laws coming into action soon so I want to get a rifle asap to bad I'm underage.
Im gonna say that 99% of his bs laws will not pass, im sure a few will like the expired assult rifle an high cap mags ban will be back.
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
45JMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 55
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Im gonna say that 99% of his bs laws will not pass, im sure a few will like the expired assult rifle an high cap mags ban will be back.
I mean why do you need to ban " hi capacity" magazines and "assault" rifles? It really isn't working here In California last time I kid you bot I had a student from my school offering me 3 aks for 2 bucks with drum mags. It's not working here
__________________
45JMB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:57 AM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45JMB View Post

I mean why do you need to ban " hi capacity" magazines and "assault" rifles? It really isn't working here In California last time I kid you bot I had a student from my school offering me 3 aks for 2 bucks with drum mags. It's not working here
Proven data shows it will not nor has it ever worked.
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
45JMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 55
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Proven data shows it will not nor has it ever worked.
I meant to put 2 thousand bucks. But yeah there taking OUR rights away. Search this guy on YouTube he puts all this in perfect words MrColionNoir
__________________
45JMB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:04 AM   #45
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clyderay44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 30
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Shot placement is key to saving meat but I know I'm not the only one who has tore up a few shoulders. These fell victim to my 7mm ultra mag, and I do take the blame.

image-3041900960.jpg   image-1030003024.jpg  
__________________
clyderay44 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:08 AM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
45JMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 55
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Wow that is one hot round... So where would the Ideal shot placement be?

__________________
45JMB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:19 AM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clyderay44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 30
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45JMB
Wow that is one hot round... So where would the Ideal shot placement be?
I used to would say slightly behind the shoulder, but this season I have had really good results with middle of the neck shots. I have not yet tried this shot with a mature buck yet. My 25/06 has DROPPED 4 does and a small buck with neck shots out to about 280+- yards
__________________
clyderay44 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:26 AM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
45JMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 55
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyderay44

I used to would say slightly behind the shoulder, but this season I have had really good results with middle of the neck shots. I have not yet tried this shot with a mature buck yet. My 25/06 has DROPPED 4 does and a small buck with neck shots out to about 280+- yards
Nice I'm starting to like the 7mm
__________________
45JMB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45JMB View Post

Nice I'm starting to like the 7mm
Yes behind the shoulder an u wont explode the shoulders loosing alot of meat
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #50
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
45JMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 55
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Yes behind the shoulder an u wont explode the shoulders loosing alot of meat
I'm honestly starting to consider saving up for a 7mm. What is their starting price?
__________________
45JMB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Best rifle for service rifle competition Sibil General Rifle Discussion 8 01-03-2013 07:07 PM
Best rifle for service rifle competition Sibil AR-15 Discussion 1 01-03-2013 04:47 PM
15 inch barrel, with rifle gas! almost rifle velocity, and i runs great Middleofthemiddle AR-15 Discussion 11 07-31-2012 11:55 PM
How to convert a rifle into a short barreled rifle legally Awesome NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 26 06-28-2012 07:00 PM
VZ58 rifle vs. SKS rifle differences? orangello AK & SKS Discussion 4 07-12-2011 02:58 AM