Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   what`s the worst rifle you know? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/what-s-worst-rifle-you-know-100577/)

FoKzT 11-20-2013 06:27 PM

what`s the worst rifle you know?
 
What`s the worst ?

kryptar19 11-20-2013 06:36 PM

Man...what a can of worms. I toss my vote in with the Remington 770.

tomgodd 11-20-2013 07:34 PM

Anything based of off the mauser action ;p

nchunt101 11-20-2013 07:40 PM

Remington 770/710. I also have a deep hatred for the Remington 7600 pump. I had one for my first deer rifle in .270 and it was the hardest kicking rifle I have ever shot. The trigger was crappy and it would jam if you short shucked it the least little bit. I know people love them but I will never own another one or a .270 for that matter ( I realize that the .270 is a great round) but I hated that rifle so much I want nothing to do with either. I have a 7mm Rem Mag Savage and have and a 300 Wm A-Bolt and both were mild compared to that .270. Makes no sense but its true.

bige91603 11-20-2013 08:01 PM

Yepp +1 for the 770, the bolt is like throwing sand in the receiver
And who puts polymer inserts in a rifle receiver??

kiabe1 11-20-2013 10:43 PM

Thats a toughie but i'd have to say my least favorite hunting rifle was a mossberg 100atr in 30.06

Axxe55 11-20-2013 10:46 PM

after having owned one and shot others, the Remington M770 and M710 have to be the worst ever offered.

i like Remington and have owned many of them over the years, but they screwed the pooch with these two rifles!

MisterMcCool 11-20-2013 10:59 PM

Armalite's AR-7. I have owned several. Genius idea. Brilliant design. Can't empty a magazine without jamming. I hoped the first one was a lemon when I bought the second. Then I thought maybe two lemons? Three or four deep, I cut bait. Henry makes them now but I am afraid to dole out the cash on another risky investment. Fool me four times, shame on you. Fool me five times, shame on me. That's the old saying, right?

jpattersonnh 11-20-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomgodd (Post 1436566)
Anything based of off the mauser action ;p

Guess you are screwed! Everything modern bolt has its' roots with Mauser.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nchunt101 (Post 1436568)
Remington 770/710. I also have a deep hatred for the Remington 7600 pump. I had one for my first deer rifle in .270 and it was the hardest kicking rifle I have ever shot. The trigger was crappy and it would jam if you short shucked it the least little bit. I know people love them but I will never own another one or a .270 for that matter ( I realize that the .270 is a great round) but I hated that rifle so much I want nothing to do with either. I have a 7mm Rem Mag Savage and have and a 300 Wm A-Bolt and both were mild compared to that .270. Makes no sense but its true.

A the Pa machine gun. Guys up here swear by them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1436713)
Armalite's AR-7. I have owned several. Genius idea. Brilliant design. Can't empty a magazine without jamming. I hoped the first one was a lemon when I bought the second. Then I thought maybe two lemons? Three or four deep, I cut bait. Henry makes them now but I am afraid to dole out the cash on another risky investment. Fool me four times, shame on you. Fool me five times, shame on me. That's the old saying, right?

Was'nt that the .22lr survival gun?? My buddy has one that runs great, butt ugly, but functional.


My answer, Anything that does not shoot strait. If it wears a fantastic plastic flexible stock, I won't own it.

MisterMcCool 11-20-2013 11:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpattersonnh


Was'nt that the .22lr survival gun?? My buddy has one that runs great, butt ugly, but functional.

That's the one. The genius of Eugene Stoner. A lightweight, takedown .22. All components store in the airtight, watertight stock. It even floats. I gave up on them and moved on to a Springfield M6 Scout. If the feeding issues have been corrected, I would love an AR-7.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:26 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.