What kind of rifle should I get?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > What kind of rifle should I get?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What kind of rifle should I get?

I don't know what I'll use it for - hunting, long-range shooting, CQB, home defense, #%! hits the fan - oh and zombies.

But anyway, I guess something like a Grendel in 6.68 maybe even with beta mags and shrike belt feed would be pretty tacticool, but I'm specifically looking for maybe getting a Mauser M98 - I'm just divided if I'll go ahead and get it in one of the mag calibers for the pure tacticool factor (like up to .500 Jeffrey for the hell of it) or if I want something more practical for actual hunting (but truth is I already have a point-triple-two and I never hunt anything that requires bigger).

So yeah, it's almost strictly a vanity purchase, with maybe some "what the hell I have it let's go hunting with it" on the side. But I'm open to suggestions too.

Plus, yeah, I figure an M98 would be pretty effective against zombies.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #2

Liked 56 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Since you live i Oh. Get an 870 or a mossy 500 with a modified and a slug barrel. Slugs for deer and 00 for Zombes and HD, and appropriate loads for Geese, ducks, birds and rabbits.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:53 PM   #3

Got a Browning 12 gauge semi-auto so I'm good for shotguns, like I said it's a vanity purchase more than anything.

And basically the first half of my post was meant as a joke

Old 12-30-2010, 11:03 PM   #4

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
Got a Browning 12 gauge semi-auto so I'm good for shotguns, like I said it's a vanity purchase more than anything.

And basically the first half of my post was meant as a joke
Eh.....plagiarist.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?