What do you guys think of the BERETTA CX4 .40?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > What do you guys think of the BERETTA CX4 .40?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What do you guys think of the BERETTA CX4 .40?

I been thinking about getting one of these. does anyone here have one? is it quality? is it accurate? hows the recoil? do they make high cap mags for it?
Heres a link to one Beretta JX4P415 CX4 STORM PX4MAG 40SW 14RD for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $758.00

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-19-2009, 12:59 AM   #2

??????????

Old 09-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #3

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well, considering that I spent around $560 for a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm pistol, $758 for a carbine isn't that much. As for anything else concerning it, I haven't the foggiest. A .40 cal carbine shouldn't have much in the way of recoil. My 2 .40 cal pistols are only slightly "snappy" with the Walther PPS being more so, because of its smaller size, than my Sig P226. Beretta makes a good weapon so if this carbine follows suit, it's fine. As for accuracy, you'd have to go with what one of the reviewers said:

Quote:
Reviewed By: jim m on 09/16/2009 Rating: 5 of 5 Stars! [5 of 5 Stars!]
The gun is ambidextrious. However, I don't know how labor intensive it is to get it that way. Very accurate. Accepts the 96 pistol clips, in fact they are the same for both. A little space age looking, with a slower rate of fire when compared to an ar-15. But very reliable. I have heard, but not seen for myself, that the new cx4 magazines were only compatable with beretta's newist pistol model.

Any way - love the gun and found it reliabily accurate to about 75-100 yards.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I've never even seen one. So pictures and a range report would be appreciated.
Thanks, CA357

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-19-2009, 07:22 PM   #5

lol i didn't even see that in the review when i looked at it. i dont have one i was just shopping around i'm trying to decide what i want and most of my wants aren't cheap so i gotta save and while i'm saving i'm trying to research all of my options and find the best balance of performance and budget. i would love an ar15 in .308 but thats kind of a pipedream in the near future.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I think they are a tad over priced, myself. Cabela's has the CX-4 in 9mm on sale for $749.99.

You can get a Hi-Point carbine in .40 S&W or 9mm for about $225 new.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!