Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Weatherby vs. T/C vs. Browning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68 View Post
Very good friends of mine who own and shoot Browning rifles buy the cheapest off the shelf ammo they can find and they kill deer all season long. I have never witnessed accuracy from a Browning as bad as you claim. If its not you then its your gun. Browning is a damn fine gun and because yours will not shoot well with factory ammunition doesn't mean all Browning rifles wont because they will. You shouldn't be telling people not to buy one if they don't handload, that's crap.
I agree.

My old Stainless Stalker in .300 Win Mag prints 1/2" three-shot groups out of a cold barrel - using Federal factory loads.

Every time.

With the newer BOSS-equipped Brownings, just about any factory load can be made to shoot well. Not even Steyr or Weatherby can approach that level of factory load versatility.

So the anti-Browning rant pretty well reflects the direct opposite of objective reality.

Kind Regards, Salvo

Last edited by Salvo; 10-15-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #22

Liked 425 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I guess reality is really more of a personal perspective. Out of the 3 Browning rifles I've had, none were what I consider very accurate. To each their own, but I won't be buying another. Too many other options.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #23

Liked 183 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I guess it just depends on what you have had luck with, because at the end of the day we all know that every manufacture has made their shooters and their duds. Here is my track record.
Savage I am batting a 1000, 6 of 6 rifles were all shooters, though rarely with the bullet I was planning on using.
Winchester 70 1 for 2 the older one (90s model) was REALLY BAD and the new one shoots as good as my Savages.
Browning 0 for 1 though after much trial and error I got it shooting alright, but I have never had to work that hard on the to stroke some accuracy out of one.
Remington 2 for 4, half of them would bust tacks the other half were doing good to hit the backstop.
Tikka 1 for 1 that thing is the tightest shooting rifle I have ever owned by far, not just one or two accuracy loads it shoots everything! I would own another but it is such a light rifle that moderate kicking cartridges could be a chore.
Marlin 1 for 1 my XS7 308 was a dandy shooter, a friend ended up wanting more then I did but I would own another one in a second. Plain Jane as can be until you start touching holes with it.
I have owned my fair share of rifles over the years, had a few real shooters and had a few real duds.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #24

Liked 122 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I have a Venture in 30-06 and a X-bolt in 338WM. The Venture only shot one box of Federal factory rounds and the groups were around an inch to inch and a half...the rest have been hand loads. The Browning has only eaten hand loads and I have zero complaints about it's accuracy as it is and excellent shooter. The venture is the better value but the browning is sexier.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

After owning Many Remington bolt-action rifles over the years, I purchased my first Browning A-bolt, a used .308, recently. I wasn't actually looking for a Browning, but I really thought it was a nice looking rifle, and it just fit me really well. I am thoroughly impressed with the accuracyof the A-bolt, it is shooting under 1 inch 3-shot groups, with factory fusion 165 grain ammo. The last group was a clover leaf nickel-sized group, at 100 yards. So my vote would be for the Browning.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #26

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 21

My first choice with rifles has always been Savage. Given these choices, I'd go with the Weatherby.