Want to learn how to make a custom stock

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Want to learn how to make a custom stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Want to learn how to make a custom stock

For the past few weeks Ive been pondering making my own custom stalk for my Browning 280 x bolt bolt action rile. I know how syth stocks are made. Either by pour molds, building from a skeleton and putting the compound over it. If you know any other ways that are cost effective or easier I'm game. I'm basically starting from scratch. I have normal tools any of us would have plus access to a makeshift melting pot/forge.

Just a boy and his guns.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-03-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdellors View Post
For the past few weeks Ive been pondering making my own custom stalk for my Browning 280 x bolt bolt action rile. I know how syth stocks are made. Either by pour molds, building from a skeleton and putting the compound over it. If you know any other ways that are cost effective or easier I'm game. I'm basically starting from scratch. I have normal tools any of us would have plus access to a makeshift melting pot/forge.
if you are talking about making a synthetic stock from scratch, i don't think that it would be possible with all the specialized equipment and supplies needed for the home gun tinkerer to be able to do.