Walmart guns - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Walmart guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 03:10 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Oh Sam sure has been good about snuffing out the little man. It sucks but happens everyday!! And its funny i spend most of my hard earned cash there.lol

Old 10-21-2012, 04:20 AM   #62
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
Oh Sam sure has been good about snuffing out the little man. It sucks but happens everyday!! And its funny i spend most of my hard earned cash there.lol
Sam Walton started his chain of stores with just one very small store. i met him a few times many years ago an he was a very down to earth nice man who seemed like he cared about his employees and his customers. i actually admire the his drive in building his business up as he did. pure capitalism at work. and the WalMart of years ago when sam Walton was alive and running it, is vastly different than the corporation today that runs it strictly for profit margins.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:22 AM   #63

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I remember when Walmart was a small store. Not much bigger than the local family dollar.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-23-2012, 01:41 AM   #64

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Default Walmart Guns

A Remington at Walmart is just as good as a Remington at Cabellas. A Mossberg at Walmart is just as good as a Mossberg at Joes Gun Shop. A Winchester at Walmart is just as good as a Winchester at The Farm and Ranch store. Major guns manufacturers as not going to send second grade guns to any store that will diminish their personal approval. SO if you buy a gun at walmart it will kill the same animal as the Gun at Cabella's or Gander Mountain.
People Like This 
Old 10-23-2012, 03:14 AM   #65

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I kind of enjoyed my last walk to the car with my new pair of Marlins. The manager noticed my O2 bottle and had someone go get an electric cart for me. I got to ride as the manager chased along carrying my rifles. HEHEHE

A pleasant trip was had by all. Actually, he was pretty nice and we had a little good conversation along the way.

The "carry out the gun" is company policy and you would also have that policy if it was your store. Can you imagine how much it would cost you if you sold a firearm to some nut who started popping off people on the way out. Your liability would be unlimited.

Dicks walked me out with a purchase there too. No walk out at my LGS. All employees there have a loaded Firearm on their hip and they know how to use them. Get funny there in your 15 steps to the door and you probably will not be breathing very long. Different story in a big box store with hundreds of customers wandering around. If it bothers you, go to your LGS and cough up the extra bucks. Otherwise, be glad someone is carrying your gun to your car for you. Nice Service. Now, if I could only get them to carry all the other crap I buy there at the same time..........

Old 10-24-2012, 02:54 AM   #66

Liked 61 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I wasn't even allowed to carry out an old Mauser at Gander Mountain, a sales person handed it to me in the parking lot but,I Left Wal Mart with 4 boxes of ammo and a 30/30 in my shopping cart.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:01 AM   #67

Liked 79 Times on 57 Posts

I looked at my local wal mart yesterday and there 10/22 where higher priced then Dicks or LGS. Same with most of there other .22.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #68

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hear the same schit about Home Depot/Lowes material too. What a joke. How much would it cost the retailer for a special run of their own product look-a-likes?

Old 10-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #69

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 114

There are lots of conspiracy theory lovers out there that love these kind of rumors - and actually believe them. Because they love to believe that there are massive conspiracies against "the little guy".

Walmart or any other major store having a policy of walking guns or ammo out of the store is just good policy from store management's perspective. If there EVER was a shooting in a Walmart - especially by someone who just bought a gun there - it would be massive bad publicity for Walmart that they would never hear the end of. There are too many people that want to attack Walmart - for their success. These people can manufacture and manipulate more excuses to bad-mouth Walmart than a reasonable person would expect to be possible.
So Walmart or any other large business has a need to protect their reputation.
It is what is going on in this country these days. Many years ago it wasn't like this. Protest, lawsuits, picketing,..... what a mess. And some people devote their lives, it seems, to being so negative. They don't "get" life - just complaints.

Last edited by Colby; 10-31-2012 at 07:19 AM.
People Like This 
Old 10-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #70

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
There's a lot of rumor and conjecture. Some people claim Walmart guns are actually built from substandard materials specifically so Walmart can sell them cheaper, even going so far as to claim that the metallurgical properties of the small parts are different and inferior to what you would find in a local gun shop.

I call bull ****. I believe the Walmart guns come from the same factory, the same production line, of the exact same parts, exact same specs and materials, and built by the exact same hands and machines as all the rest.

The only thing I am willing to accept as proof otherwise is a letter from at least one manufacturer, and I'll only believe it as regarding that specific maker.

People claim tests done in their garage and/or workshop, place of business, whatever. Sorry, still waving the bull**** flag.
The Wal-Mart in Pineville, La. order the guns they sell from Sports South and they are the same guns you buy anywhere. They may have in stock a cheaper version of the 700 Remington (the finish on the gun or how it is stocked, wood plastic, ect) but it is the same gun . And, they will order any gun for you that Sports South has in stock
robertusa123 Likes This