WalMart answers yes to my request. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > WalMart answers yes to my request.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 01:43 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default thanks

Thanks for all your opinions guys.

Substitute Pillsbury cinnamon rolls everywhere you see an ammunition reference and try to get the point of the thread. Maybe it will help you get a tool or brand of paint or whatever. Somebody MAY want or need a way to get THEIR CHOICE of ammo or cinnamon rolls into their local WalMart.

This is correct, accurate information, based on real-world experience...except for the cinnamon roll part.

I don't come to internet forums to argue, so if it seems like I'm ignoring your response, I am.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:01 AM   #12

i am sorry you feel this way but how can you thank people for thier opinions when you stated that this wasnt a thread asking for opinions and you didnt want to hear them. i think you are confused a bit and should set back and listen to those that have been aound longer. i am going to print your post out and take it down to my local walmart tha i dont frequent and see if they will start stocking Nosler custom ammo.

We were brothers then,We are brothers now, we will be brothers forever Currahee

Old 12-16-2010, 02:36 AM   #13

Being around longer is completely irrelevant. I only have time to post here because I slept in after night shift today. I will never reach 1000 posts probably. I am normally out shooting, but life got in the way today. I can assure you, I am not confused in the least. The fact that some folks simply can't withold an opinion when I specifically stated i wasn't looking for one at the outset isn't ME being confused. I guess the OP doesn't get to set any parameters here. Sarcasm of "thanking " folks for their UNSOLICITED opinions seemed pretty obvious. After all, you ARE being sarcastic with your little Nosler idea AREN'T you?

"i am going to print your post out and take it down to my local walmart tha i dont frequent and see if they will start stocking Nosler custom ammo. "

Incidentally, i did not take a piece of paper to the local walmart and ask for custom ammunition and i even mentioned in this thread the price expectations for people wanting that type of ammo. Again, read the thread.

You may find emailing the way i ACTUALLY DID will work like it did for me, instead of sarcastically creating a scenario you and i both suspect will NOT work. Being around a long time on a forum is a poor indicator of experience, btw. The smoke cloud of those who have the most posts eventually clears when they post googled advice from a bad source. This is happening today on this forum and others around the world as local forum "experts' suddenly give out some patently bad advice and somebody newer around the forum points it out for what it is.

This is a very disappointing flow of bad information out of good from you guys. What was wrong with my initial thread, just because some of you have pre-conceived notions about the ammo i used as an example? If i had said winchester or federal or remington, you would have kept it to yourselves.

FWIW, the CURRENT pricing of surplus ammo is NOT "just a little more" as a percentage of what we pay and much of the ammo that is still twice as expensive has berdan primers, just like the .308 steel ammo i'm getting. Both not reloadable, so now we're forced to recycle brass to recoup cost...steel is recyclable too, guys. WalMarts are everywhere...those of you who don't go there, who cares?

I am trying to get some reality into the world of shooting for the budget-minded now, since the thread has wandered well off into the world of personal opinion and even outright name-calling. I have stated nothing that isn't substantiated and repeatable by any shooter on a budget or otherwise.

No, there is no point in arguing with you guys who think being here longer makes a difference. Believe it or not, you can't believe everything you read on the internet. I tried to pass GOOD information in a timely manner. I passed good points and possible bad ones on the ammo. My thread covered the whole range of all the crap you guys are pitching at me. The whole "countries that hate us" idea is pretty dated and not entirely accurate either. FWIW,this info thread is also posted on other forums and is getting the opposite of the nonsense i'm reading here. I thought this was a better place than that.

Jp, i apologize for attacking you. Read your recent responses to my posts and tell me if i have misinterpreted them. I am still waiting for your pictures of that shooting you promised. I can assure you you would get a big thumbs up and great shooting from me if you post them. That thread was about modern rifles and accuracy. Again, i contributed a timely picture that showed a single shot typical of THE RIFLE....the topic of the thread.

As a group, i guess the majority here is remaining silent, but those who have chosen to make this a negative thread are winning on volume. Quantity is a quality.

It would be nice to hear from some folks who found the information useful, like i already have on other forums.

I don't come to internet forums to argue, so if it seems like I'm ignoring your response, I am.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:30 AM   #14

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default wal mart .....

this america...we have a choice in what we do and buy ...im glad that people are still thinking and will tell the corp. what our opinions are on goods and services etc.....cant do that in other countries .....now if we could just get a stupid $1.00 tax on every shopping buggy left out in the parking lot ,because some lazy ass will not walk 20 feet to put it in the pin we could pay off the national debt

Old 12-16-2010, 04:53 AM   #15

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default ronbo ......ive got your back

i also will never have 1000's of post ....im a 12 hr shift worker in the mining industry ...heavy equipment operator .....ohh i said operator ...i 'll probably just get tired of the forums because the more i use em the more i find that alot of people are self absorbed and tend to pack -up against us mere mortals ....yes ,im talking to the super/duper sniper /operators with guns soooo much more accurate than mine. id bet that 75-90 % of these gun gods dont shoot enough to be lethal on anything,man or beast ,anywhere near what their weapon is capable of.. or even if they would have the nuts and wits to make that decision .

Old 12-16-2010, 05:12 AM   #16

That's pretty cool

I wonder if I could get my local Walmart to start carrying .44 Special. Might have to send corporate an email. Haven't been able to find any locally. It's nice to take the S&W 29 plinking without the big expense and recoil

Ruger Mark II 50th Anniversary .22lr
Sears & Roebuck .22lr
1943 Mosin-Nagant M91/30

In the family:
Springfield Loaded 1911 .45 ACP
S&W Model 29 .44 Magnum
FN Herstal FNX 40

Old 12-16-2010, 05:16 AM   #17

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I've not used that particular ammo so I didn't think an opinion would be of any use. I've used other commie ammo though and don't really have a problem with it.It's not match ammo but I'm not shooting in matches anyway.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-16-2010, 05:28 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Closed Thread