Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Vortex Scope?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 8

Default Vortex Scope?!?!

Hello all!! I recently purchased a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308. Im looking at a few Vortex scopes. Anybody ever use a Vortex? or have any suggestions on scopes?? It will be used for law enforcement... I would like for it to be reasonable price!!

Keep Calm and Carry On.

Second star to the right...and straight on 'til morning.
-James Kirk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-21-2011, 02:40 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I bought a Vortex red dot for my Mini 14 and never could get it zeroed. I sold it for a loss. Maybe I got a lemon, but I'm somewhat gun shy about buying another.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-21-2011, 02:55 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've got 2 and they are awesome!! I just put a 4-12x40 on my Marlin XL7 in 30-06 and it was great. I was zeroed within 12 rounds and after running the gun so hot you couldn't touch the barrel the zero hadn't moved.

I've also got one on my AR15 a 6-24x50 and it's performance has been flawless.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-21-2011, 03:02 AM   #4

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Vortex 6-24x50 Crossfire at SWFA

This is the same scope that Spitty has on his AR.

Hard to beat for the price!

It rides on my AR-45 458SOCOM

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #5

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I bought a Vortex red dot for my Mini 14 and never could get it zeroed. I sold it for a loss. Maybe I got a lemon, but I'm somewhat gun shy about buying another.
Mr CA why did you sell it at a loss? Vortex scopes have a 100% lifetime warranty. All you would have had to do was call them and send it back. If they could repair it the will if not they would have sent you a brand new Red Dot Site.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #6

I can recommend their regular Viper line .I have two ,both are 6.5-20x44 PA ,the one with the dead-hold BDC have thick crosshairs which take some getting use to .My other one has V-plex crosshairs which are much finer.They have good glass and many features that I really like.Their turrets are very easy to set to zero once you get sighted in ,really like that.Their customer service is suppose to be very good ,can't say myself as I haven't had any problems yet,I think I've had them acouple of years now if I remember correctly.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:09 AM   #7
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 993 Times on 568 Posts
Likes Given: 452

The Vortex scopes that I've looked thru,just never impressed me. I chose to go with Sightron SIII scopes for the last couple long range rifles,and I'm planning on getting a couple more of them.

The Viper's that I looked at had glass that would put them in a class with a Burris Fullfield,or Mueller. Nothing that special!

Everyone keeps say "Lifetime Warranty" when talking about Vortex.
There are very few scope manufacturer's that don't have Lifetime Warranties,so that doesn't really come into play unless your looking at brand's that don't.
According to Sightrons warranty,if you have a problem,they'll just send you a brand new scope instead of having to wait for a repair on yours.