Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   VIDEOS: Daniel Defense Rifles - What do you think? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/videos-daniel-defense-rifles-what-do-you-think-73876/)

Amsdorf 10-07-2012 03:47 PM

VIDEOS: Daniel Defense Rifles - What do you think?
 
So, what do you guys think of Daniel Defense rifles? I bought a M4V1 and have really enjoyed it, has performed very well, love the rail system. I know Vickers is their paid spokesman, but that torture test he did on it for them was pretty amazing. I think actually it was a great plug for Aimpoint Micro as well!

Who else has a Daniel Defense rifle?


Here's a
demonstrating the DD M4V1 in action.

locutus 10-07-2012 04:14 PM

the proper question is not whether anyone else likes it, but whether or not you like it!:D

If you do, "mo powa to ya!":):)

gunnut07 10-08-2012 02:55 AM

They are no different that the 100,000 other AR-15s on the market. I see no need to pay extra for a name.

Todd_ 10-08-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunnut07
They are no different that the 100,000 other AR-15s on the market. I see no need to pay extra for a name.

Spoken like a man who owns one of the other 100,000.

They are high quality and built to take a beating. The quality is what drives the price, not the name. I love hearing how everyone else who bought a cheaper gun talks about how theirs is "just as good" though.

dog2000tj 10-08-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd_ (Post 968394)
Spoken like a man who owns one of the other 100,000.

They are high quality and built to take a beating. The quality is what drives the price, not the name. I love hearing how everyone else who bought a cheaper gun talks about how theirs is "just as good" though.

I gather that DD build there rifle Mil Spec? :confused:


Please, enlighten us how their Mil Spec is better than anybody else's Mil Spec? :cool:

hoovco 10-08-2012 08:16 AM

Most AR manufacturers don't meet mil spec standards. DD actually meets and exceeds standards. You don't see the military running around with DPMS stuff. They do however, run around using DD stuff. There's a difference.

dog2000tj 10-08-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoovco (Post 968578)
Most AR manufacturers don't meet mil spec standards. DD actually meets and exceeds standards.

So I will pose the same question to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 968402)
Please, enlighten us how their Mil Spec is better than anybody else's Mil Spec? :cool:

Can you back your claim up with facts? sources?

hockeyjr1 10-08-2012 02:01 PM

I love my DD upper.. So light compared to my rock river... And it loves steel too..

hoovco 10-08-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj

So I will pose the same question to you.

Can you back your claim up with facts? sources?

There's pretty much a list that the military uses to say whether a product is mil spec or not. From the finishing process to the grade of bar stock used. I'll post the list ... I just gotta find the damn thing. I hate you for making me cite sources.

hoovco 10-08-2012 03:46 PM

Here's a spreadsheet thing detailing some mil spec features to look for in a rifle.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pwswheghNQsEuEhjFwPrgTA&gid=5

Here's the document stating mil spec standards:

http://www.everyspec.com/MIL-SPECS/MIL-SPECS-MIL-B/download.php?spec=MIL-B-11595E.014406.PDF

Things like shot peening, properly staking a gas key, and MPI cost more ... Thus a higher price. You're not paying for just a name.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:03 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.