Very large game poached in south Africa AK-47 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Very large game poached in south Africa AK-47

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I dunno. It's done a damn good job of winning battles for the last 50rs.
that has much more to do with training not so much the rifle, and the fact that most are using optics, also our extreme funding when it comes to warfare

Old 05-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #12

Liked 183 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I will stick my neck out here and mention the fact that our troops have had the AR's tie up in extended gunfights, due to the cheap, backward design that poots combustion gasses and trash directly back into the action.

Troops have died due to non-functioning ARs. I once viewed a video where a soldier had his AR quit, threw it down and tried another one from a nearby dead comrade.

But the AR is not just a POS; It is also a ripoff, a sucker bet.

The AR was specifically designed to be extremely cheap and easy to manufacture, as witnessed by the fact that everybody ( and his dog ) currently manufactures them. - It is a $350.00 gun, at best.

Small wonder that everybody ( and his dog ) manufactures them - the markup is outrageous. - A good way to get rich quick by scamming the suckers, of which there is apparently an unending supply.

The AR sucker situation is so bad now that they will actually pay more than the government does for them.

If one were to put several thousand bucks and a lot of work into an AK, then it would be a "precision weapon" as well. - But who would be silly enough to do something like that?

A Russian or a Chinese who had more money than sense, perhaps.

Kind Regards, Salvo

Last edited by Salvo; 05-02-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Nathantc Likes This 
Old 05-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #13
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7786 Times on 4674 Posts
Likes Given: 9761

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
They are hunting elephant for ivory, rhino for horn. They chew the animal up with an AK, blind it, let it die of infection or extended blood loss. NOT a humane kill by any stretch of the imagination.
That is terrible and it really pisses me off.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2070 Times on 1224 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
That is terrible and it really pisses me off.
Yes it does! It goes to show how different the norms and ethics of cultures vary.
In the late 80's I nearly took a contract, along with several others in my SF unit, to go to Africa and 'hunt' these poachers. I often wish I had went.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 05-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #15

Liked 398 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau

Yes it does! It goes to show how different the norms and ethics of cultures vary.
In the late 80's I nearly took a contract, along with several others in my SF unit, to go to Africa and 'hunt' these poachers. I often wish I had went.
You can do that?!

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 05-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Dead elephant,
Dead poachers.
I was sadden by the cruel death of the four legged animal, but I will not shed a tear for the two legged ones.
As a hunter I hate those who do not respect nature. A true hunter is compassionate, respects the animal and strives for a one shot quick kill. The true hunter does not hunt a species to extinction.
I hate these types of evil two legged animals....

dead_elephant-7208.jpg   dffimages.jpg  

Old 05-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #17
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6872 Times on 3451 Posts
Likes Given: 7453

M16A2 was better than the A1, Auto on a light longarm was useless except for spray and pray, the A1 was much better than the M16, the forward assist helped big time. All were accurate, reliability wasnt consistent and the continuation of the forward assist is only proof that they never really eliminated one of the big original shortcomings from the M16 first issue weapons, failure to travel fully forward and lock in the ready fire position. None of them perform reliably unless well maintained and pretty darn clean, great for ranges and garrison, not so good for the groundpounder in the dirt and mud on continuous operations.

Dirt poor people dont have the ammo, maint facilities or the training to make an AR type weapon extra useful for a general purpose weapon much less advantage the Max effective range even if they can afford them. The AK/ SK that their grandaddy killed the Russians with is just fine for them for Americans or Rhinos.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
I will stick my neck out here and mention the fact that our troops have had the AR's tie up in extended gunfights, due to the cheap, backward design that poots combustion gasses and trash directly back into the action.

Troops have died due to non-functioning ARs. I once viewed a video where a soldier had his AR quit, threw it down and tried another one from a nearby dead comrade.

But the AR is not just a POS; It is also a ripoff, a sucker bet.

The AR was specifically designed to be extremely cheap and easy to manufacture, as witnessed by the fact that everybody ( and his dog ) currently manufactures them. - It is a $350.00 gun, at best.

Small wonder that everybody ( and his dog ) manufactures them - the markup is outrageous. - A good way to get rich quick by scamming the suckers, of which there is apparently an unending supply.

The AR sucker situation is so bad now that they will actually pay more than the government does for them.

If one were to put several thousand bucks and a lot of work into an AK, then it would be a "precision weapon" as well. - But who would be silly enough to do something like that?

A Russian or a Chinese who had more money than sense, perhaps.
The AR is the most popular gun in America for a reason. It's an extremely good gun.

http://www.gundigest.com/tactical-gear-articles/tactical-guns/gun-photos-brutal-ar-15-torture-test

Let's see.

They piled dirt and sand into the gun,

ran the gun dry,

ran it way too wet and with sand again,

drowned the gun,

and yet, the gun still never failed to function.

Yeah, you guys who say an AR is not reliable when dirty appearently don't know much about ARs.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #19

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
The AR is the most popular gun in America for a reason. It's an extremely good gun.

http://www.gundigest.com/tactical-gear-articles/tactical-guns/gun-photos-brutal-ar-15-torture-test

Let's see.

They piled dirt and sand into the gun,

ran the gun dry,

ran it way too wet and with sand again,

drowned the gun,

and yet, the gun still never failed to function.

Yeah, you guys who say an AR is not reliable when dirty appearently don't know much about ARs.
i dare you to pull the trigger on a D.I. gun under water,,,

Old 05-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

"The AR is reliable" Squirrels of the world beware.

When they stopped fighting Germans and started fighting little Asian people, I guess thirty caliber just didn't seem fair on such small game.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Nathantc Likes This