An upside down ariska - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > An upside down ariska

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1087 Times on 788 Posts
Likes Given: 560

I find myself in need of a brit 303 since I have about 100 very old rounds for one . Was that the only gun that shot 303s?

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:44 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8885 Times on 3847 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

There were several different .303 rifles that spanned 3/4ths of a century. There were also several machineguns in .303 Enfield.

Re: rechambering the Arisaka to .300 Win Mag, while these were (for the most part) very strong actions, you may be going outside the envelope- bolt face, and whether the barrel has enough metal to BE rechambered. Go buy a .300 Win Mag is that is what floats yer boat.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:51 AM   #13

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
I'd be glad to sell you some once I find them, just don't tell my wife .
None of my business, but you are shooting up some seriously valuable, collectible ammo. Sell it and buy the commercial stuff from Hornady.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #14

Liked 1087 Times on 788 Posts
Likes Given: 560

I may end up not doing anything with it , I purchased a old box that contains love letters from ww2 , along with them are some pins or medals , very old jap paper money that is in excellent condition , and most are post marked iwo jima , hawaii , san fransisco and i want to think one other island . What is so funny is that there two different men writting the same woman at the same time , the other was stationed here at ft bragg . If you knuckle heads would come down on the M1 prices it would make a very cool collection to have both rifles and the other stuff from the time all put together .
Great grandpa had a scrape book full of stuff they pulled of the nazi guys that they knew they had killed . It ended up with the one family memeber who would sell it for 10 bucks so we are trying to get him to come off of it . I try to by stuff like that like at the antique stores when money is right . The amount of people who sell that stuff and could careless who it belonged too just baffles me

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I may end up not doing anything with it , I purchased a old box that contains love letters from ww2 , along with them are some pins or medals , very old jap paper money that is in excellent condition , and most are post marked iwo jima , hawaii , san fransisco and i want to think one other island . What is so funny is that there two different men writting the same woman at the same time , the other was stationed here at ft bragg . If you knuckle heads would come down on the M1 prices it would make a very cool collection to have both rifles and the other stuff from the time all put together .
Great grandpa had a scrape book full of stuff they pulled of the nazi guys that they knew they had killed . It ended up with the one family memeber who would sell it for 10 bucks so we are trying to get him to come off of it . I try to by stuff like that like at the antique stores when money is right . The amount of people who sell that stuff and could careless who it belonged too just baffles me
I agree with you. I might be willing to sell some of my 6.5 ammunition, but not because I do not care about it. It's, because I had/have so much or it that I'm willing to sell some of it so others can enjoy having some too.

The most valuable things I own I will never sell, and probably take with me to my grave. My great great grandfather was a general or colonel under Stonewall Jackson during the Civil war, and he had both Jackson AND Robert E. Lee sign two sets of confederate money that have been in my family ever since. I know that it's worth a fair amount of money, but the historical and sentimental value of it is worth more than any money amount to me and even my wife too.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 09-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
There were several different .303 rifles that spanned 3/4ths of a century. There were also several machineguns in .303 Enfield.

Re: rechambering the Arisaka to .300 Win Mag, while these were (for the most part) very strong actions, you may be going outside the envelope- bolt face, and whether the barrel has enough metal to BE rechambered. Go buy a .300 Win Mag is that is what floats yer boat.
Does the type 38 have a long enough action??? May not be able to rechamber .300 winmag. I'm prolly wrong cause I'm not at home where I can check my 38. But mines chambered in 6.5 Jap anyway.

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Last edited by TheOldMan; 09-14-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:58 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1216 Times on 829 Posts
Likes Given: 1227

The Jap Arisaka was only chambered in two rounds, the 6.5x50 & the 7.7x58 & only in the type 99 & you can find both at any good ammo store, pictures of the rifle would help. O yeh take it to a smith & get it checked out.

When all else fails.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:06 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
None of my business, but you are shooting up some seriously valuable, collectible ammo. Sell it and buy the commercial stuff from Hornady.
I considered doing just that, but as fate would have it my wife and I shot it one day just to see if the ammunition was still functional, and my wife fell in love with the round and firearm immediately. So I decided since she loved it so much I would save some of the ammunition, and let her use the rest how she wanted.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 09-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #19

Liked 740 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
I considered doing just that, but as fate would have it my wife and I shot it one day just to see if the ammunition was still functional, and my wife fell in love with the round and firearm immediately. So I decided since she loved it so much I would save some of the ammunition, and let her use the rest how she wanted.
Well at least im not the only weirdo who likes the "Jap" guns...

Old 09-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1216 Times on 829 Posts
Likes Given: 1227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Well at least im not the only weirdo who likes the "Jap" guns...
NO, you are not !!!!

When all else fails.