UPS doth cometh
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > UPS doth cometh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 03:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 6 Posts

Default UPS doth cometh

UPS cometh
Sarge besides being a teacher and a writer, is also a gunsmith. This of course means he must possess a FFL (Federal Firearms License) So when he wants a new gun he can get it sent right to his home, and get wholesale prices on it too.
However Lt.Linda is not a blonde nor is she dumb. She knows what is in those long boxes and the little heavy ones she has figured out too. So when UPS shows up at our door and she signs for a package she also wants to know what is in the box.
Here is how Sarge has been working it for years now.
"Sarge, UPS was here, and your package is in the office." states Lt. Linda.
"Oh good, thanks honey" replies Sarge.
"What did you do buy, a new gun?" she questions.
"Uhhh, well, ohh, I don't know until I open it up hon, it may be for one of my customers." Sarge lamely replies.
Then he goes to the phone and calls his buddy Dave. And the conversation goes something like this.
"Hi Dave, your new gun just came." Sarge says.
Dave says "Huh?"
"Yes it just came today, do you want me to open it up and look at it?" asks Sarge.
Dave says"Huh?"
So Sarge opens the box and checks to see what his new gun looks like.
"It is a Mauser Model 98 in real good condition, Dave."
relates Sarge.
And Dave says "Huh, ohhhh you got a new gun, you want me to come up tonight and see it, right?"
"That is right Dave you can come up tonight and pick it up." Sarge repies.
So that night my buddy Dave comes by the house. And we go down to the office and take the rifle out of the box and look at it, work the action, admire it and then Sarge puts it in his vault, and takes Dave and the box down the hall to his work shop.
There Sarge digs around until he finds a mess of scrap wood from past projects and he fills the empty UPS rifle box up with firewood.
Dave takes the now heavy box upstairs and makes sure he sits it down with a thud near Lt. Linda. After thank you's and good bye's Dave goes home with more firewood for his wood stove and Sarge has his new gun locked in the vault of which only he has the key.
Dave and I have been working this now for 5 or 6 years during which Dave has never had to buy firewood and Sarge has gained painlessly many good guns.
Heh heh heh heh.
Sarge the tricky one.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-10-2010, 03:40 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5675 Times on 2963 Posts
Likes Given: 375

lmao thats hilarious

Old 11-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Ya better hope the LT doesn't look up your internet history and browse on over to read your confession there sarge...lol

Old 11-10-2010, 08:27 PM   #4

Default scuffle

Sir; that day is coming From what you have said a not so interesting scuffle will ensue
I'll bring my own popcorn n tea; with a proper lounge chair. eek:

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 11-10-2010, 09:34 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sarge you sir are now a hero to me!

just one question. I want to get my ffl as you have done. currently in the navy active duty and I want to get it when I get back to the right coast(virginia) in about 2 years, but want it for my home state in TN any suggestions on how to do this? thanks

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 11-11-2010, 05:24 AM   #6

Default Ffl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1337 View Post
Sarge you sir are now a hero to me!

just one question. I want to get my ffl as you have done. currently in the navy active duty and I want to get it when I get back to the right coast(virginia) in about 2 years, but want it for my home state in TN any suggestions on how to do this? thanks
First you have to have a gun business. And the town that you live in has to allow you to work out of your house in this business. Don't fall for any of those ads in the shotgun news that say they will send you everything you need for to get your FFL for ???$$$$. The BATF will send you everything you need for nothing. You will have to buy a log book but you can get that through Brownells. You will have to have a city commercial license. (that is the part about the town will allow you to have the business) I have a separate shop so I am OK. And my town just charges me $15 a year for my license. Wait till you get your discharge. A lot of things can happen between then and now. You may even consider moving to a state that is happy to have a small business that deals in guns. Colorado is very good about it. We can even buy machine guns here. If you decide to be a gunsmith go to one of the evening schools if you can. I don't know if you are ship assigned or land locked. If you cannot take time off for evening classes do the internet classes. Check them all out before making your decision. The BATF will come out to check your location and city license. Also check to see if there is a county or state license required. So far the BATF has been approving licenses very well and it should take about 3 months to get it back from them.
Sarge

Old 11-11-2010, 05:26 AM   #7

Default Lt. Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett007 View Post
Ya better hope the LT doesn't look up your internet history and browse on over to read your confession there sarge...lol
Shhhhhhhhh!
Sarge

Old 11-11-2010, 05:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte1 View Post
Sir; that day is coming From what you have said a not so interesting scuffle will ensue
I'll bring my own popcorn n tea; with a proper lounge chair. eek:
My friend, if I can find it I will post a story about my little Lt.Linda when she found out what was in the long heavy boxes.
Sarge