Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Unknown Sniper - need to identify

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Unknown Sniper - need to identify

Hi guys, I dont know much about guns, you i thought I would ask you. I need to know what this gun is called as I am currently making a 3D model of it for an animated short film I am working on. Please, if you kow what it's called, tell me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

That is a custom from Ashbury Arms. It's a Surgeon action and a custom stock, chambered for .338 Lapua. It's not production, it's a custom build, so they are not very common.

Here some info from one of their press releases.

Quote:
Engineered around the versatile .338 Lapua Magnum cartridge, Ashbury’s ASW338LM is based on the combination of a Surgeon XL bolt action receiver and the SABER-FORSST modular stock chassis system. This sniper system enables shots on enemy targets and lightly armored threats out to 1,500 yards.

The ASW stock can be folded and extended, while incorporating an adjustable cheek piece and folding monopod. The composite forend includes a monolithic top rail, a thermal heat management system and side rails that are co-bore aligned.

Bullets are sent out of a Rock Creek 416 5R Pinnacle barrel with an optional muzzle brake or suppressor system. The manufacturers report sub-MOA accuracy with RUAG target ammunition beyond 1,500 yards.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:08 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default New M24E1 sniper rifle

The XM2010 Sniper

The XM2010 is distinguished by its advanced design and represents a quantum upgrade over the M24. The shooter interface can be tailored to accommodate a wide range of shooter preferences and its folding stock provides Soldier flexibility in transporting the weapon during operations. The weapon also incorporates advanced corrosion resistant coatings to ensure longevity. The aluminum, steel, and high impact polymers used in the weapon’s construction are lightweight and rugged.

The ESR is equipped with a Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50mm scope. The variable power scope includes a first focal plane reticle so when the user dials in, the reticle pattern scales with the zoom enabling the sniper to estimate range at any power setting. The scope also employs a reticle pattern that facilitates faster and more accurate range estimation and utilizes mil turret adjustments to eliminate MOA to mil conversion. The targeting stadia reticle allows for simultaneous elevation and windage holds that eliminate the need to dial in adjustments.