Ultra Bore Coat vs Sweetshooter - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Ultra Bore Coat vs Sweetshooter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 11:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Most factory barrels are really crap. They are made quick fast and cheap.

I would not call it giving up by re-barreling a rifle. You guys say lapping is not good for a barrel because it removes metal from the barrel then in the next breath it is said that adding to it is A OK and you don't need to change your loads.

my dad ran slick 50 in all of his cars did it make a difference to me no.

If you have a bad barrel why waste time and money on all this junk re-barrel it and get an even more accurate barrel.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:35 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Opinion

I agree about factory barrels.
It is if you don't want to spend more money on a gun.
I never said anything about lapping not being good. It is beyond my skill set and
I did not want to go through the process.
Whatever the UBC adds, it made no difference in my loads.
Your dads car is not a jet engine and cars have many other problems to wear them out. The point is that it works as advertised and so does the UBC in my experience, that is all.
I don't have a bad barrel, it will shoot sub moa with about any load I put in it. I don't think I am going to get a more accurate barrel.
And finally, the whole point was that the UBC makes the fouling lighter and more easy to clean, and that is a plus and a cheap solution compared to a new barrel.
It works as advertised, period. For me.
Prehaps you should get some experience with something before you blather about it. By your own admission you don't use it. What exactly are your credentials? Probably better then mine, but I am not shoving mine down anyones throat.
You seem to be the type to want the last word, so go for it. I won't respond. I have made my points without trying to sound like a know it all. It is up to the readers to decide. Back to silence for me.

Alvah