Überti Buffalo Hunter, what's it worth?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Überti Buffalo Hunter, what's it worth?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 12:44 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 53 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 79

Default Überti Buffalo Hunter, what's it worth?

A friend has a chance to buy a Überti Buffalo Hunter Sharps copy in an oak display box.
Who he can buy it from won it at Buffalo show, and has no use for it.

The list from Überti is $2539, but case is not mentioned on the site.

What would be the real world price?

Thanks in advance!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-25-2014, 02:50 AM   #2

Liked 1310 Times on 743 Posts
Likes Given: 633

I'd offer around $2k for it with the display case,or $1800 without it.
Those are really nice rifles.
North American Hunting Club

Old 06-25-2014, 03:07 AM   #3

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I am guessing this is the rifle. Giving us the exact model is really helpful. MSRP on the rifle you describe is $1,800. I wouldn't pay MSRP.

http://www.uberti.com/1874-sharps-rifle

Old 06-25-2014, 03:15 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 53 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I am guessing this is the rifle. Giving us the exact model is really helpful. MSRP on the rifle you describe is $1,800. I wouldn't pay MSRP.

No that's not it, but It is below on the site you posted!

The buffalo hunter. It has premium wood and the vernier sights.

But thanks to both of you!!! I was thinking in the $1800 range.

Last edited by VoxRomantic; 06-25-2014 at 03:23 AM.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:29 AM   #5

All the rifles on that page are marked at $1809. I really doubt the warranty is transferable. MSRP is a higher price than the rifle actually sells for. MSRP is designed to make you think that regular retail is a good deal.

Buds gun shop has unerti rifles marked at about 1/2 of MSRP. That is new with a full warranty. The warranty is to the original purchaser, not the next buyer.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:35 AM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
All the rifles on that page are marked at $1809. I really doubt the warranty is transferable. MSRP is a higher price than the rifle actually sells for. MSRP is designed to make you think that regular retail is a good deal.

Buds gun shop has unerti rifles marked at about 1/2 of MSRP. That is new with a full warranty. The warranty is to the original purchaser, not the next buyer.
if you had read further like i did, you would have noticed that the starting MSRP is $1809. his particular model has a MSRP of $2539 just like he said it did.
People Like This 
Old 06-25-2014, 04:15 AM   #7

Liked 1310 Times on 743 Posts
Likes Given: 633

Quote:

I don't think the OP cares whether it comes with a warranty or not,he was wanting to get a price of what it was worth,and that particular rifle actually sells for around $2k market price,not msrp.
If you want any brand of Sharps style rifle,you have to pay the piper,they aren't cheap rifles.
North American Hunting Club
People Like This 
Old 06-25-2014, 01:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
I don't think the OP cares whether it comes with a warranty or not,he was wanting to get a price of what it was worth,and that particular rifle actually sells for around $2k market price,not msrp.
If you want any brand of Sharps style rifle,you have to pay the piper,they aren't cheap rifles.
Uhhmm, yah! My brother picked up a Uberti 45/70 sharps for $300 at a local gun shop in Ft Worth less than a month ago. It is a little rough but it is worth repairing. His gunsmith estimated restoring the rifle to like new at $500. They are in high demand! He took the rifle to the range and shot it already. He is not going to restore the rifle. The sights are good but he really is not impressed by the rifle.

Last edited by John_Deer; 06-25-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:44 AM   #9

Liked 342 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 7

What difference is between a Uberti and a Pedersoli Buffalo hunter?

I had came by Pedersoli in trade for services, this brass mounted 45-70 was second hand shape, wood in great condition, the octagonal to round barrel was cut back to 20" had some odd screw holes where at one time a black powder era scope had been mounted.
I had several types of factory ammo and at 50yds they all shot 24" high and 33" to the left, had muzzle crown checked with no obvious signs of trouble, This bummed me out, then 3 years after that my son wanted to try reloading so I turned him loose with my economy lee loader, primers pyrodex p and some .457 Hornaday swaged lead round balls, we were going to try a hand at rabbits, with pyrodex loads the rifle shot to where the sights were regulated, envouraged we tried some .45 cal .457, 405gr lead conical bullets that shot poa as well.
another black powder ctg rifle that went from shooting shotgun patterns to some respectable groups was by changing from modern factory ammo to lead bullet handloads was a Ballard #5 I used to have.
my guess if in a pinch pick up some cowboy action loads, you can determine if your rifle likes lead bullets or jacketed.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:05 AM   #10

Liked 186 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I had one. the stole my firearms in July of 76. It had nice walnut and checkered grip. It was .58 caliber. It was very accurate for me.
I would love to find and strangle the trash that stole it. It was produced sometime in the 1960s. It probably cost 200.00 back then. I don't know if it was Uberti or not. It is the only one I've ever seen. I defiantely would pay the price if it in excellent condition.