Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Type 53 Mosin Nagant bolt assy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 01:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 269 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Default Type 53 Mosin Nagant bolt assy.

Hey anyone out there know the where abouts or have for sale a bolt asembly for a Type 53 Mosin Nagant. Any help will be appreciated. Checked some sites for this and they have some for Type 44 but not for Type 53. Type 44 should work I think.

Last edited by mrm14; 02-18-2009 at 04:11 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #2

Mosin Nagant | Numrich Gun Parts Corp. | e-GunParts.com
That should get you to Numrich gun parts mosin nagant diagram page,if not try just Welcome to Numrich Gun Parts Corp. and nav the site
I check some part #s between the 44 and 53 and they are the same according to the diagrams. You can call or E mail them also.They have been around a long time and should be able to help you out

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:34 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Type 44 bolt will work just need to check head space.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:06 AM   #4

Go to gunandgame.com and click on the mosin nagant sub forum those guys will be able to tell you for sure.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

For a better surpluse forum I would think "gunboards forums" or "surpluserifle forums" would have a more in depth experence to draw from.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:29 PM   #6

Liked 269 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Thanks for the info guys. This is a friend of mine rifle his dad brought back from Viet Nam as a war trophy. As I understand it, they removed the bolt from the gun before he could bring it back. As his father has passed from complications of agent orange exposure the gun has great sentimental value to my friend and his son. After a thourough cleaning of the rifle it has been decided it needs a barrel also. The inside of the barrel is severely pitted and very rough from rust. Its all done. That being said I think we can get a good barrel and bolt assembly for just under $100.00. The gunsmith will rebarrel it and check the headspace for $60.00. Other than that this rifle is in good shape. At this time my friend and his son are deciding if they want to bring it back as a shooter or just put a bolt assembly in it hang it on the wall as a sentimental trophy. Meanwhile I've done the research and found the places where I can get the parts to once again make it a shooter if they want. Thanks again to your helpful replys to this search.