Trigger suggestions. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Trigger suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Not trying to sound like a know-it-all but I've worked on a truckload of Remington model 700s and have NEVER ran into that problem. Where did you get that info? My big flag goes up when I hear of rifles going off upon closing bolt. That means it was made UNSAFE-and actually has less to do with the weight of pull than is commonly believed. If an rifle goes off on closing the bolt, Remington 700 included, it's because of: too weak sear spring, too little sear amount of engagement, wrong angle of engagement, weak trigger spring, or butchered striker itself. Naturally in today's laywer filled world, disclaimers are more common than fleas on an ol hound dog, but that doesn't relfect the basic design's ability. In fact, there's a few aftermarket triggers
modeled closely to the 700 trigger, and they are reccomended for less weight than their factory counterpart. Personally I like reworking factory triggers when possible unless an radically different trigger is requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
My one remington cannot go below 3# or else it is unsafe to load a round in the chamber as it may go off on closing the bolt.