trigger job on

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > trigger job on

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default trigger job on

Does anyone know how to do a trigger job that I can do myself. I have a Ruger M77 Mark II 7mm08. It is a good gun, not terribly accurate, but good enough to take medium to small game at 200 yards. I am not looking to make this into a sniper rifle or anything like that. I just want to lessen the trigger pull a little. I have considered picking up the timney trigger for this, but It seems pretty darn expensive for a fix for this rifle.

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

How much is "too much" on the replacement trigger route?

I don't generally advocate the brand new to gunsmithing go about taking material off their trigger.

If memory serves, the Ruger does not have standard adjustments, you have to remove material to achieve a lighter trigger with less creep.

Stalkingbear, a Vendor here, is a Ruger lover and he would probably give you a great price on doing you a top notch trigger. I would PM him and see what he thinks.

As for another option, Timney is a very good trigger, but there are other cheaper options that are completely adjustable.

Rifle Basix, Custom Bolt-Action Triggers

Old 03-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #3

Thanks. I would just rather replace it parts than trying to shave anything off. I found a Dayton Traister adjustable trigger on Brownells for the M77. Does anyone know anything about this. Good , bad, looks fairly new on the market.

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending