Trigger adjustment
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Trigger adjustment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 02:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Trigger adjustment

Can anyone tell me how to make a trigger adjustment on a Remington 700

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-31-2013, 07:43 AM   #2

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Not to be rude but this is the introductions section where you introduce yourself not ask these kinds of questions.... Anyways welcome to the forum hope you enjoy it, and umm go ahead and post this in the correct section and you will get some answers.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9363 Times on 4037 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Hi Kenny! Moved your post to where more folks will see it.

SOME 700s have a trigger that is adjustable by the user for trigger pull weight. SOME do not. IF your rifle has an allen screw next to the trigger, you can adjust it. If not, do not fiddle with it yourself- great way to have a rifle that is inoperative or unsafe.

If you do not have an owner's manual for your 700, go HERE http://www.remington.com/en/pages/news-and-resources/downloads/owners-manuals.aspx

BTW- welcome to the forum!

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

BadBob Likes This 
Old 03-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #4

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Adjusting a trigger will void the warrenty on some Remington rifles. There are three screws on some triggers , turn them the wrong way and you will have a unsafe rifle.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Google M700 trigger adjustment. read through several articles and see if you are comfortable doing it yourself. also, and let me stress this very strongly, Do The Safety Checks when finished. if done incorrectly, the rifle will be unsafe, VERY UNSAFE! these safety checks are very important.

if you don't feel that you have the skill set or are not comfortable doing it, then let a competent gunsmith do it for you. the money spent is a bargain to have a safe and usable rifle.

another thing if you do decide to do it yourself, you need to buy a good trigger pull weight gauge. how will you know how much you adjusted or where you started at without one? you won't. i take a static reading several times and average them before i make any adjustments on any firearm to the trigger. i make several during and then afterwards. trust me, very few people can tell the difference in a couple of pounds difference!

again, Safety First. if you are new to firearms and haven't worked on very few other than just cleaning them, i might also suggest you leave this to someone that knows how to do it properly. adjusting a trigger not knowing what you are doing is very unsafe.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:18 PM   #6

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

I posted a link to the instructions to do it on the other post in the gunsmithing forum for this, but as I stated there when I made the post, it depends on your experience as a gunsmith before you take on the task..... Not an amateur undertaking