Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Traded for a hillbilly firearms galil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Default Traded for a hillbilly firearms galil

So yesterday I traded off a converted Saiga I had built with some mags and ammo for a Galil rifle that was built by Jeff miller out at hillbilly firearms,the guys over on the Uzi forums rave about his work. I called Jeff to confirm what all was done before the trade and he confirmed and answered a few questions and told me his warranty goes with the rifle and let him know how it shoots, real stand up guy.

One if the things he did with it was parkerize and then cerakote everything aside from the barrel and gas block. He said that's how IMI galils are.

image-889656805.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #2

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

Very nice! I heard those are supposed to be a hybrid between an ak47/ar15/FAL and Israelis love it have you shot it?

Old 10-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #3

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

Im not sure why they say its a cross between an ar and ak i dont see anything ar15 about it -_- what caliber is that rifle chambered for?

Old 10-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #4

Haven't took it out yet,I can see how they tried to mimick some of the AR's ergos though. I can now operate the safety with my right thumb,the mag release with my trigger finger,the upswept charging handle allows me to easily operate the charging handle with left hand now without reaching under the gun or tilting it sideways like an AK,other than that,almost the same action as an AK and very AK-esque. Just a bit heavier due to all milled construction,all the better for a club though I suppose.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #5

It also has peep sights that are AR15ish. With fold up tritium sights. And shoots 5.56,you can buy mag adapters that enable it to use AR magazines as well,which I plan on doing