Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Trade opinions (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/trade-opinions-86070/)

longunner 03-08-2013 04:24 PM

Trade opinions

I hope it's not bad juju talking about this trade before it happens :eek: I found someone On Armslist willing to trade their M&P 15-22 for my savage axis and my new frontier poly lower plus $100 on his end...think it's a good trade on my end?

hareebrownbeest 03-08-2013 09:47 PM

That's up to you man. I personally wouldn't, that axis is a decent rifle. I've fired the 15-22 and it's alright. Totally your move, I can see getting way more use out of the 15-22 for sure.

GeneralPatton 03-09-2013 01:28 AM

That sounds pretty good to me, assuming the MP is in good shape. I mean the axis is $300 new, the poly lower is roughly $100 normal price, and he's giving you a hundo......You give up $400 bucks worth of stuff, and get a $500 MP and $100 cash, the math works in your favor.

Garadex 03-09-2013 04:26 AM

From your signature it already looks like you have a .22 so I'd keep the Savage, but as has been said it's not a bad trade and totally up to you.

longunner 03-09-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralPatton
That sounds pretty good to me, assuming the MP is in good shape. I mean the axis is $300 new, the poly lower is roughly $100 normal price, and he's giving you a hundo......You give up $400 bucks worth of stuff, and get a $500 MP and $100 cash, the math works in your favor.

That's where I'm at I'm trying to get some ammo from it as well

longunner 03-10-2013 12:33 AM

5 Attachment(s)
So I think I did good...real good :D. Here's pics of everything I got out of the trade:

I think the NCStar Scope was the crown jewel...didn't even hesitate to throw it on my Stag :P. The ammo was also definitely a plus and the laser is going to be a ton of fun. Instead of meeting halfway (an hour drive) I asked him to come to me and bring the ammo to knock off the extra $100. So worth it can't wait to take this thing out and see what it can do!!

Txhillbilly 03-11-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longunner (Post 1170326)
So I think I did good...real good :D. Here's pics of everything I got out of the trade:

I think the NCStar Scope was the crown jewel...didn't even hesitate to throw it on my Stag :P.

I've heard NCStar optics called a lot of names over the years,but never "The Crown Jewel".
I hope it works out for you!

Other than that scope,I think you did an OK trade on the rest.

longunner 03-11-2013 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly

I've heard NCStar optics called a lot of names over the years,but never "The Crown Jewel".
I hope it works out for you!

Other than that scope,I think you did an OK trade on the rest.

I have yet to use it but something's telling me it'll do pretty good on my AR. Ill let you guys know how I like it when I get a chance to try it out

hareebrownbeest 03-13-2013 01:12 AM

Looks like a good trade to me, right on.

danf_fl 03-13-2013 09:51 AM

Did the both of you walk away with smiles and no hard feelings?
Yes? Then you did good.